Welding Table set-up and Fit "Certiflat"

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
Hello,
I finally got around to putting together my 24" X 36" Certiflat, welding table with the optional legs and locking castors.
Web site https://weldtables.com/
The fit and finish is very good IMHO. If you have not seen this product they put together a very versatile platform with lots of mounting options to hold your irregular work to be welded.
This is also a great time to use my TIG welder.
I'll post a few pics as I put this together over the next couple days. So far, I am very satisfied.
Is this the right place to post this??

IMG_0600[1].JPG

IMG_0601[1].JPG

"watching" Thanks for sharing it!
-brino

OK, got the table tacked to flip it over. No light through the slats. Perfectly flat!
Tomorrow I'll finish welding the table, grind/file off the TIG beads and move on to the legs.
The table supports/stiffners, have little fingers that come up through the table to be welded to the table.
Awesome design. This table will be very straight, square, flat and strong!
I did not mention, I was going to make a table, this kit was less than $500 delivered. I would pay more for materials and it would not have been this good.

IMG_0606.JPG

IMG_0607.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0610.JPG

Good looking product! I'll have to check this out.

Mostly done.
It's fun to put together a pre-fab of such high quality. Welding it together was good practice for me. I have a Miller Diversion 180. Perfect TIG for this project.
Very strong, straight, square and versatile.
See pics please.

IMG_0620.JPG

IMG_0621.JPG

IMG_0623.JPG

IMG_0624.JPG

IMG_0625.JPG

IMG_0626.JPG

IMG_0627.JPG

IMG_0628.JPG

All done. Painted and added a shelf on the bottom. I will make up a jig to hang an angle grinder and maybe a vise. Not sure yet. I used it roll outside to dress my grinder. You know the mess that makes. better outside. Castors came in the kit.

IMG_0635.jpg

Don’t catch your shelf on fire :oops:, might want to cover it with sheet metal. Molten metal falls down.

Don’t catch your shelf on fire :oops:, might want to cover it with sheet metal. Molten metal falls down.

Yeah but it's a TIG table. TIG welding doesn't splatter. I'm not convinced I like the wood shelf. I may change it to metal/wire mesh like the shelving you see at Lowes. The wood is just sitting there, no fastners.
The holes allow for all kinds of mounting fixture/clamping options.
I'll be careful.

Janderso, How rigid is the table top once assembled? I have been looking at these as a potential top for a welding table but with folding legs since I do not have space for a dedicated table. I have no doubt I could do it with one of their fab tables which look awesome but at twice the cost and weight I'm not sure I can justify it.

Back