Welding Table set-up and Fit "Certiflat"

looks good, sure beats my 4-foot section of 1-inch bar grating

I have the same table and like it. The cross bars work great for storing clamps. Only problem is it's a great "catch all" to set stuff on so usually covered with junk.

The infamous flat surface syndrome....

I received my table yesterday. My top is more the n crowned. 3/4 along the length and 3/8 with the width. Also all of the ribs are crowned in the same direction as the top.

There video clams that the slight crown should face up away from the ribs. And the clamps should pull it down flat to the ribs. My top is like a bowl. I can’t see it being even remotely flat. Especially since the ribs are all crown wither the top. I emailed them this morning with these pics.

What is everyone’s opinion? Am I nuts or is there a problem?
658FAC79-5E25-4D88-BE4A-787C153DE766.jpegBA9FD4A2-6D6F-458B-8CCF-D45F2752636C.jpegED4A327F-4567-4FE1-8549-FF5D62758852.jpeg

MIne was definitely flat and once welded a straight edge test showed absolutely no bow or cup. Curious what they say once they see your photos. I wouldn't be surprised if they sent you a replacement table. I found their customer support to be top notch.

MIne was definitely flat and once welded a straight edge test showed absolutely no bow or cup. Curious what they say once they see your photos. I wouldn't be surprised if they sent you a replacement table. I found their customer support to be top notch.

Thanks. Yes I have read that they are a stand up company. That is another reason I made the purchase. Its just a hassle.

Mine was like yours. Using some clamping and blocking gymnastics I was able to get it welded up flat. Kind of a pain but it only took a few hours so worth the effort vs dealing with a return.

Mine was like yours. Using some clamping and blocking gymnastics I was able to get it welded up flat. Kind of a pain but it only took a few hours so worth the effort vs dealing with a return.

Your ribs where bent also?

Your ribs where bent also?
Yup.

I tried flipping the top so the crown was down and the ribs up then clamping it together but the top won the battle over the ribs. After fussing around for an hour with different ideas I finally ended up using three or four pieces of 1/4" wall 2" x 2" steel tubing under the top and ribs assembled together. Strategically blocking between the 2x tubing and table I was able to pull it flat using U-bolts through the top around the tubing. Once flat I tacked and welded as much as I could get to before removing the clamps and tube steel. Once welded it is amazingly stiff.

Yup.

I tried flipping the top so the crown was down and the ribs up then clamping it together but the top won the battle over the ribs. After fussing around for an hour with different ideas I finally ended up using three or four pieces of 1/4" wall 2" x 2" steel tubing under the top and ribs assembled together. Strategically blocking between the 2x tubing and table I was able to pull it flat using U-bolts through the top around the tubing. Once flat I tacked and welded as much as I could get to before removing the clamps and tube steel. Once welded it is amazingly stiff.

Glad it worked out for you.
There no way in hell I'm going through that. Its not what I paid into. Still Haven't heard back from them.

Back