Welding Table set-up and Fit "Certiflat"

Certiflate clams this is normal. They are sending me new ribs. I replied to them. If this excessive warping is normal then they should use a top like the one I received in there video. I based my purchase a great deal on the assembly video on there website.

Are you guys finding the Certiflat holed tops a definite plus vs. solid tops? I can't decide because while clamping is easier but dropping small parts (nuts, bolts, torch collets etc) through would be a pain.

Based on what I received. I would not buy again. I would have gone with my original plan. Get a piece of 1/2 plate 36x48 and the material to frame the legs.

Bummer about your experience man, hopefully it'll get squared away and you'll be happy with your purchase. I think ideally one would have two tables; a fixture table and a solid top for different applications. Problem for a hobbyist is storing 20lbs of stuff in a 5lbs bag.

Are you guys finding the Certiflat holed tops a definite plus vs. solid tops? I can't decide because while clamping is easier but dropping small parts (nuts, bolts, torch collets etc) through would be a pain.
I lose more things rolling off the edge or knocking things off when I get too much crap on a small table than through the holes. Holes are nice for clamping and mounting fixtures to. I only have space in my shop for a small table folded up so I do my welding outside. With that limitation the top with holes is a good compromise.

If I had room I would get one of the FabBlock tables that have the sides with holes. If money (and space) were no object I would have a cast iron platen table.

Buyer be ware. After some back and forth they are sending new ribs that's it. They claim it will flatten out. I was told that the material handles the heat from the laser different from batch to batch. I said there video should reflect a worse case scenario not a best. I bast my purchase largely of there assembly video.

So either you get lucky and get a top that is reasonably flat. Or you get a potato chip. I would not buy again.

I have a 24X36 all clamped up ready to be tigged

I no sooner got it than I got a job in a job shop and between that job and trying to get Land Rovers out of the ship, there it sits next to my 320ABP

Worse yet, I’m looking to buy a FabWong to use as a fixture for block machining

Yeah, the struggle is real, first one isn’t welded and I’m buying another, at least I can Blanchard grind it once I finally weld one together

Good morning, how are you? I'm trying to assemble a kit like this. Would anyone have a copy of the assembly manual to send me? Thank you!

Mine was done some time ago, and I don't remember where they went. If you Google certiflat instructions 2 Youtube videos pop up

Back