Well Done!

RJSakowski

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
There has been discussion of late about poor shipping packaging resulting in damaged goods. This morning, I received a package containing a 16 lb. tractor drawbar via FedEx that was absolutely pristine. No punctured walls, not even a bulge. My hat's off to the vendor for his packaging and to FedEx for their handling!

That is one thing I make my shipping team over-compensate for...there is nothing worse than somebody getting a loose part and a box with a hole in it because one of the big carriers decided to play football with your package. As a manufacturing director, I have to say that you can't go overboard enough with packaging parts. We routinely ship 30-60 lb. packages with no complaints and it has everything to do with caring as if you were the customer receiving the package you ordered with your own money. One thing we do at extreme cost is expanding foam packaging...you could send a raw egg across the country overnight in that stuff.

Need some Canadian Road Knowlege
My grandson was discharged from the Army near Anchorage then moved back to the lower 48, leaving some civil war memorabilia in storage. I am thinking of towing my flatbed 2 axle trailer to Anchorage and back to retrieve it. What is the address of the government agency that would inform me about insurance and ownership of the vehicles. Essentially what can I expect at the border? I will be coming through the Seattle, WA area so anticipate driving in British Columbia and Yukon Territorys.i
Winter weather conditions no doubt are in full effect now so is there a "better" time without a lot of delay to make this trip?
Your help will be appreciated.
Ray

I ordered a Rigid 10" pipe wrench from Amazon. I got an empty padded envelope. What kind of moron would pack a 10" steel not aluminum pipe wrench in an envelope.

Need some Canadian Road Knowlege
My grandson was discharged from the Army near Anchorage then moved back to the lower 48, leaving some civil war memorabilia in storage. I am thinking of towing my flatbed 2 axle trailer to Anchorage and back to retrieve it. What is the address of the government agency that would inform me about insurance and ownership of the vehicles. Essentially what can I expect at the border? I will be coming through the Seattle, WA area so anticipate driving in British Columbia and Yukon Territorys.i
Winter weather conditions no doubt are in full effect now so is there a "better" time without a lot of delay to make this trip?
Your help will be appreciated.
Ray
Hi Ray, I can't be much help with your question but I could recommend a site with a bunch of friendly guys and gals who will do their best to give you the answer, some of the members there do travel to the south back and forth a few times a year :
https://forum.canadianwoodworking.com/forum/off-topic/off-topic-aa

I ordered a Rigid 10" pipe wrench from Amazon. I got an empty padded envelope. What kind of moron would pack a 10" steel not aluminum pipe wrench in an envelope.
A very special kind.

Back