Well just bought a Sheldon TRB-S56

Yeah I've had a request in to the yahoo sheldon site for a week now and no joy yet. I've gotten everything I can from vintage machinery thanks for the replys guys

Here is some stuff to get you started.

Attachments

• Sheldon History.pdf
    213.2 KB · Views: 9
  • SHELDON LATHE S & M AFTER 27310.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 8
  • Sheldon Nomenclature and Serial Nums.pdf
    64.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Sheldon S-Series Lathe Manual.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
  • SheldonEarlyS&MSeriesLatheManual.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 8
Thanks, after I posted that I went and checked my email and they had granted me access but I appreciate the info any way.

Does anyone have any objection if I put the five files into our Downloads?

I think it would be very helpful..

OK. It's too late tonight as I have to get up at 07:00 tomorrow regardless of what time I get to bed. I'll get to it in the next few days.

byrdman, congrats on the Sheldon. Very capable little lathes. Easily the same quality of Southbends. I've run both and prefer the Sheldons. Similar to my first Sheldon. Mine came with the turret plus tailstock and a 5c closer. The Yahoo group is active and a good source of information and parts/accessories.

You'll need the nose piece for the 5C collet closer. When you remove the lathe chuck, it will slip into the headstock spindle. I did not see it in the pictures. Start looking for an original steady rest if it doesn't have one.

WARNING: do not lock the headstock in back gears and try to loosen the chuck if it is a threaded spindle. You'll break teeth off the gears almost guaranteed. Use a soft piece of wood between the gears and the edge of the headstock casting to keep the spindle from turning.

The AXA size works fine. I never ran out of adjustment with my set up.

Back