Well, the day finally came, I placed my order.

To get my mill off the trailer at our Maine home I bought a 2 ton gantry. I will assemble it to lift the mill crate off the trailer, pull the trailer out then drop the crate on some car wheel skates. I can push it into position and lift off the skates with the gantry and down. Easy!

Sorry for the late reply.
Has it got an R8 spindle? Then you need everything with R8 in its name.
I like ER32 - collet blocks, spindex, chucks....
I got a BS-0 DH, that was "supposed" to have a B&S-7 taper, but has MT2, which is wonderful as I treat MT2 the same way as R8 - if it is in the name, it is a needful thing. Sad though, I would prefer a BS-2 Universal DH for helical milling but 1. It's a major cost (800+), and 2. it's a B&S-10 taper :(

Find your tapers, buy everything with that taper, and everything that bolts on to everything with that taper.
Convince yourself that workholding is a universe unto-itself, and undertake to conquer that universe.
Recognize that metrology (and metroloscopy) is a vital-shop on its own - it will cost about as much as both a mill and a late. Get the things that tell about the tiny things!
Fowler makes a rather neat optical comparator with changeable reticles. Not an LED, but it comes with a C battery powered flashlight (are C batteries even still made??)

Seriously though, look at it in categories: Taper, Work-holding, Metrology.

When you've gotten all that stuff, then... start over :)

Back