Welp, That’s Done It!!

Hope to hear that you will be able to recover without any more surgery. A hospital is not a good place to be right now.

For true, we get older but not enough smarter. Pilots say any one you can walk away from is a good landing. However, as we get older, we use up our luck and one would think have learned to be a bit more careful about not having emergency landings. Not so in my case. My shop is dangerously overcrowded, I was bending a piece of bar stock by clamping it in the bench vise and pulling on it. As the bend came around, the stock loosened in the vise and I fell backward. There are an infinite number of hard and/or sharp things I should have hit, but I landed in literally the only 1' x 6' of clear floor space in the entire shop. The only damage was a skinned elbow.

jack vines

Statistics show that the most serious injures involving ladders occurs with at fall of 3 feet or less. Reason being there's not enough time to prepare for the sudden impact of the floor. Sounds corny but true.

Boy you must be a site right now. I hope aren't too broken. Give my best to the bridgeport and drillpress ask them for forgiveness :big grin: . Just kidding Jack,good luck on Monday and keep us posted.

Michael

Crikey Buffalo. That was close too. Or is that too close. (Referencing my close call with death 3 weeks ago).
I hope that you don't have any serious issues with your knee and elbow. You were lucky in way; could have easily hit your head on one of the machines or the floor.
I hate normal step ladders. I now use a multi-position ladder (Little Giant for example) due to their rigidity. They are heavier than a normal ladder but well worth it when it comes to safety.

God bless and I wish you the best in your recovery. Please let us know how your Dr. appointment goes.

get welll (or at least more functional) soon!

Take care of yourself ... and best wishes for a complete recovery!

Hope all goes well, being hurt is no fun, but you already know that. Good luck on Monday.

I sold my extension ladder last week to prevent me from using it ever again.
I feel very insecure once over 3 feet from the ground.
Take care of those injuries they hurt like hell as you get older.
I broke L4 and L5 in the early 70's and still get pain from them.

My best friend, and Best Man at my wedding is a professional painter. He was out here last week giving me a hand with the SheStudio project I had going. (This ain't no SHED). When he saw the old aluminum ladders I was using, he TOOK them from me, and gave me his far newer, and far stouter. Told me that he feared for my health.

Back