Went looking for a butterfly impact... what gives most not avail.. HF removed it from their offerings

In a dealership, time is $$$$.
Hardly used an air ratchet, mostly impact guns, 3/8 got used the hardest.
so because you and your dealership didn't use it is worthless.
ok..
because the way I see it, they are easy to modify to be power drawer bar tools. The fly can easily be attached to and an arm created to pull it down and activate it forward or reverse.

so I hope my idea of using it for this purpose is not as worthless as you believe the part is.

Went looking for a butterfly impact... what gives most not avail..​

Man , you hurt my feelings . :( How many you need ?

Despite being handy to use, they are not good for your hands. The hazard is segmental hand-arm vibration, and it can lead to nerve and vascular damage in the hands and arms. If your knuckles turn white when you make a soft fist after running a vibrating tool, then you've got Reynaud's Syndrome, and your nerves are next.

There are no laws to protect people in the United States from a lifetime of numb, sleepy hands, but there are in Europe and Japan. The manufacturers in those markets over the last two decades have been producing better and better powered hand and air tools with lower transmitted vibration to the operator. Because of that, we are getting better tools and seeing the disappearance of problematic ones.

Even if you have a recent tool, pick up the Bosch equivalent sometime and compare. Bosch was at the forefront of HAV control at the start of the new EU.

So that's a long answer, but is a good explanation for the disappearance of butterfly impacts, palm nailers, and old-school air tools. It's exactly why we don't have asbestos brake pads anymore. They were never banned in the US, but manufacturers knew they couldn't sell asbestos pads in EU, Japan, and Austrailia. The only good business decision was to eliminate the hazardous product and sell the new, safer version to the global market. The US market gets tarred with the same brush because it makes economic sense for the manufacturer. Call it trickle-down health and safety.
Wow, you da man John. I gave away my butterfly impact 30yrs ago and never missed it. Found a 3/8 pistol impact much more comfortable to use. I don’t have large hands so just figured thats why I hated using the butterfly. Now I know it wasn’t just me. Crazy what I learn here.

Here's one . Just opened the box up ! I have air tools out the butt and won't be using any of them . Not running a compressor any longer other than for blowing up tires etc . :grin:

Attachments

• IMG_9357.JPG
    IMG_9357.JPG
    441.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9358.JPG
    IMG_9358.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9359.JPG
    IMG_9359.JPG
    394.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9360.JPG
    IMG_9360.JPG
    600.8 KB · Views: 18
So after reading the above , all tools serve a purpose or they never would have been produced in the first place . I've used them in places where no other tools would fit . Are they the best tool for loosening lug nuts up ? No , but they will take die bolts out easily . :grin:

Husky . Same thing . :)

Attachments

• IMG_9361.JPG
    IMG_9361.JPG
    456.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9362.JPG
    IMG_9362.JPG
    504.4 KB · Views: 7
i have used a butterfly gun off and on, when doing forklift service long ago, it fit where a pistol gun wouldn't.
i didn't use it daily, but it was handy

All I know is that mine better work when I test it tomorrow night! LOL

Back