Went to auction today OMG!

Cadillac

Registered
Registered
There was a auction on tuesday that I won acouple things and sadly lost a really nice one. A newer model harig 6x18 surface grinder with auto feed a dro and electric walker chuck. I was high bidder at 325 bucks till 8min left then someone upbid me back and fourth to 500 and I was out so he got a steal for 550.
So today I go and pick up my stuff and while I’m there I ask the fella are the SG still here. He says which one and I say the harig. He says the white one I said yeah. He says man the guy came and picked it up yesterday. He didn’t use a rigger he loaded himself. He put the grinder on a pallet and used a pallet jack to move it. When he got to the doorway of the dock his wheel caught in a crack and the grinder fell off the pallet and cracked the motor off the column. OMG! He said the table went flying and the dro broke off the arm and crap was flying!!!
Idk if I should be sad for the guy or be mad at myself for not going alittle more on a great deal. I already have one but it’s manual,autofeed would have been nice. Everything about it would have been a upgrade and well worth double to triple the amount. Either way I didn’t get it and sounds like it had a tragic ending on to the next. I did get me a nice 6x12 mag chuck for 20 bucks though. Here’s a pic of the grinder pre accident.
1B185D27-CF7F-4449-9F91-BA68F5F07A4B.png

ugh.....sounds like scrap now!

There was a auction on tuesday that I won acouple things and sadly lost a really nice one. A newer model harig 6x18 surface grinder with auto feed a dro and electric walker chuck. I was high bidder at 325 bucks till 8min left then someone upbid me back and fourth to 500 and I was out so he got a steal for 550.
So today I go and pick up my stuff and while I’m there I ask the fella are the SG still here. He says which one and I say the harig. He says the white one I said yeah. He says man the guy came and picked it up yesterday. He didn’t use a rigger he loaded himself. He put the grinder on a pallet and used a pallet jack to move it. When he got to the doorway of the dock his wheel caught in a crack and the grinder fell off the pallet and cracked the motor off the column. OMG! He said the table went flying and the dro broke off the arm and crap was flying!!!
Idk if I should be sad for the guy or be mad at myself for not going alittle more on a great deal. I already have one but it’s manual,autofeed would have been nice. Everything about it would have been a upgrade and well worth double to triple the amount. Either way I didn’t get it and sounds like it had a tragic ending on to the next. I did get me a nice 6x12 mag chuck for 20 bucks though. Here’s a pic of the grinder pre accident.
View attachment 292953

I try not to laugh at others' hardships. I feel bad for the guy. Yes, it's easy to forget how top heavy these machines can be, especially going around a seemingly small road curve. Everything happens for a reason so maybe you'll find a nicer machine in the future.

Oh man. What misfortune (for the machine)
Good thing you weren't there to see it

I did feel for a minute like he weaseled in at the last minutes so karma showed him. I more ticked that I didn’t get the deal!

Back