What are these tools, some kind of extractors?

Artemetra

Active User
Registered
These came in a box of mixed tools I picked up. They look like extractors of some sort to me, does anyone know what they are?

Extractors_12-27-17.jpg

Could even adjusters for a hidden bearing race or fancy extractor or insertion tool but exactly unknown to me.

A broken shell extractor maybe ?

Those are used for de-burring both sides of a hole. I use them often on square tubing when a clean hole is required (inside).
https://www.inddist.com/product-release/2013/08/burr-zit-tool-de-burrs-one-operation They are hole size specific.
Happy New Year!
Paco

Paco! Thanks. Great find, I'm going to keep them because I occasionally have the need. Sometimes I've got aluminum extrusions that need holes and it bugs the crap out of me that I can't get inside there to clean up the burrs, not to mention they often need to be smooth due to something else fitting in there. Burr-Zit, who knew?!

Thank heavens they weren't extractors, Groundhog can relax.

Make sure you secure your work (vise) and don’t dwell too much. In and out with purpose for best results. They should be good for 5k holes per grind as long as they’re not bent. Time savers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Score! One of the greatest inventions of the last couple of centuries. Lucky you.

Back