What are these used for?

Barncat

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
These were in an auction lot of machining parts and pieces. I tried looking around on Google, but don't even know what to call the to try and look them up.IMG_20180523_163025483_LL.jpg

The rule on the edge blows my theory. I dunno. Oh, my theory? Book ends in a public library. Probably from the 50s at any rate.

I was thinking maybe it goes on a vertical band saw?

I dunno......
Are the gaps different sizes? It looks like they are.
They may be some sort of gauges.....for what I do not know.
-brino

In the photos they appear to be of different thicknesses, shims perhaps, but the scale on one of them leaves me not even guessing...

They are of different thicknesses. Some steel, some aluminum

They are for calculating shim thickness when aligning connections. Such as a motor to a pump. Used similar to feeler gauges, stack them together and fit them under the base. Held/manouvered by the apex of the triangle. The slot is to get around the mounting stud/s Ruler is to give you an idea of the size of the required shim, and also where the required stud holes/slots will need to be drilled.

Cheers Phil

They are for calculating shim thickness when aligning connections. Such as a motor to a pump. Used similar to feeler gauges, stack them together and fit them under the base. Held/manouvered by the apex of the triangle. The slot is to get around the mounting stud/s Ruler is to give you an idea of the size of the required shim, and also where the required stud holes/slots will need to be drilled.

Cheers Phil
Thanks! I knew this was the right place to ask

Back