What are these?

Jandmi

Registered
Registered
I received the what backing plate and what looks like the back of a chuck or something with a craftsman 109, the threads on the backing plate are in an 1 1/8th opening, not for the 109, lol.
The measuring device with some random measurement devices in an auction.
And the last item I am curious as to its intended application.

Thanks,
Michael

WIN_20170223_16_36_42_Pro.jpg

WIN_20170223_16_37_37_Pro.jpg

WIN_20170223_16_50_06_Pro.jpg

First one, back to a chuck. Second pic, the slider to a vernier caliper. The last one is a back plunger dial indicator with a finger extension attachment (good for getting into tight places).

Last edited:
First pic, a back half of a three jaw chuck and a backing plate. Second, adapter plate and back plate for a three jaw chuck and a vernier slide off a height gage, probably Starrett. Third, a very old dial test indicator. The chuck innards were not to be seen...

okay thanks, that's what I thought about the chuck. was not sure, but I thought the 2nd was incomplete. I was just curious if there was a specific purpose for that type of test indicator, or just old soo the different style is a replacement for a magnetic base or something. Thank you for the help. The test indicator is a little sticky, mainly when it bottoms out, is it possibly fixable within reason, or not worth the effort?

Try a drop of oil on the plunger part. And sorry, if this was my stuff, I would just re-purpose it, maybe even into the garbage can. The chuck parts marriaged to the rest of a chuck. Not any good unless you have the rest of the chuck. Maybe use the material to make something else. The slider part, same story. Maybe a wall hanger arrangement kinda thing? I guess your indicator is the only thing that could be brought back to life…Good Luck, Dave

If the remnants of the chuck fit and you have no hope of reassembling the chuck. Then consider saving it for use as a dog plate.
Or, if you don't need/want it. There might be somebody here on HM who has been hoping for one.

Daryl
MN

Thanks for the input, i spend enough time already being less than productive trying to figure out what im doing. So help not shooting down empty rabbit holes is very helpful.

What is on the face of the indicator? Is there any markings on it?

Back