What are they really called (milling hold downs)

Jakedaawg

Registered
Registered
Been trying to search for American made clamps for the milling table. The notched triangle stand off , the strap clamp, the hardened caps crew and washer.

When I search hold downs and clamps I get a lot of China stuff. I dont do China.

I am thinking maybe they are called something else?

Check these out:

States country of origin United States.

Ted

Looks like McMaster has an economy set that is USA made as well, but only one size. Lower tensile strength.

Ted

I dont do China.

Me either , except for general Ho's chicken . (or whatever his name was ) :grin: I'm sure the previous last 3 posts will be moderated due to the China reference , but I view this as an opinion only .

A minor quibble with McMaster ... ...
It looks like somebody writing ad copy doesn't know how to count (or maybe just got careless with cut-and-paste. Here's a screen shot of the first 3 items. Counting the 3 step block pairs as 6 pieces, I agree with the parts count for the first and third sets (which differ in the number of T-slot nuts and flange nuts). But the second set looks miscounted - should either be 53 parts, or the nut counts are off. Ah, well ... A couple of minor goofs in THOUSANDS of pages is not that big a deal.

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 3.16.54 PM.jpg

Thanks guys. As I goto order these I need to determine the necessary size. Would I be correct in assuming I need to measure the slots on this brdgeport table and order by the appropriate t nut? The 5/8 ones.

These and/or a decent vise are all I need to give this a trial run I think.

This may make a good starter set? Seems reasonably priced.

A minor quibble with McMaster ... ...
It looks like somebody writing ad copy doesn't know how to count (or maybe just got careless with cut-and-paste. Here's a screen shot of the first 3 items. Counting the 3 step block pairs as 6 pieces, I agree with the parts count for the first and third sets (which differ in the number of T-slot nuts and flange nuts). But the second set looks miscounted - should either be 53 parts, or the nut counts are off. Ah, well ... A couple of minor goofs in THOUSANDS of pages is not that big a deal.

View attachment 351216

Thousands and thousands. Love that site.

Back