What could we do/make with these...?

my copper coiled bottle was handled this way--I uncoiled the copper coil and put it in my copper scrap pile to be melted down later---the container was made of brass so I cut off the end and put it in the lathe and cleaned off the solder and squared the end ---ended up with a nice thick walled brass tube---mine came off an ice crusher machine. oh the nice feeling of getting some good cheap shop brass and copper that didn't cost a dime---Dave

my copper coiled bottle was handled this way--I uncoiled the copper coil and put it in my copper scrap pile to be melted down later---the container was made of brass so I cut off the end and put it in the lathe and cleaned off the solder and squared the end ---ended up with a nice thick walled brass tube---mine came off an ice crusher machine. Dave
I believe that the two are stainless, I haven't examined the 'coiled' one closely -yet.
I need to get out to the shed tomorrow and take a look.
That would be so cool if the 'coiled' tank was brass.
Of course if it is and I clean it up You Know Who will grab it for a decoration.
I lost a hunk of brass the other night when she came out to the shop to check on me. :grin:

With the nice weather I was able to get outside yesterday.
The pair are aluminum and not stainless.
The coil is copper and it's rectangular... Can't tell if the bottle is aluminum or stainless. Gave it a good scratching with a knife but couldn't really tell.
It was harder to scratch than the other two.

the vessels with the air fittings:
it could easily be converted to a one man brake bleeder with some extra parts
or it could be made into a small air storage vessel, to hold enough air for motorcycle or small tires
it could be made to power an air cannon or spud gun with a little modification :grin:
air brush tag along tank for remote operation
convert it to spray WD40 , diesel fuel or other penetrable oils, with a nozzle and some hose
Mini soda blaster or mini sand blaster
experimentation vessels for Greek Fire recipes :congratulate:

the coiled unit has 'essential oil' distillation written all over it ;)
but i do like the fuel cooler cell mentioned by @Aukai , cold fuel is critical for low ET's :excitement:

you could use it a s a low pressure radiator to heat a small area of the shop, you'd need to pipe in a boiler of some kind

"convert it to spray WD40 , diesel fuel or other penetrable oils, with a nozzle and some hose"
oh, I'm liking that idea. My buddy John, with the diesel shop, just bought a 55gal. drum of brake cleaner cause they are going through so many spray cans.
So now they're using 'Sure-Shots' and the guys in the shop are dropping those and breaking them.
So I'll make up two - gift them the one, ask for a fill on mine and that should do for me in my shop for quite awhile.

Initial Design Conception meeting - tomorrow 9pm EST/ 6pm PST in chat. :grin:

'Spud Gun' has all the markings of an @Ulma Doctor project written all over it...

and,,, what is 'essential oil' distillation ? Ah, NVM, I just went back and re-read the replies, esp. @Martin W 's

the vessels with the air fittings:
it could easily be converted to a one man brake bleeder with some extra parts
or it could be made into a small air storage vessel, to hold enough air for motorcycle or small tires
it could be made to power an air cannon or spud gun with a little modification :grin:
air brush tag along tank for remote operation
convert it to spray WD40 , diesel fuel or other penetrable oils, with a nozzle and some hose
Mini soda blaster or mini sand blaster
experimentation vessels for Greek Fire recipes :congratulate:

the coiled unit has 'essential oil' distillation written all over it ;)
but i do like the fuel cooler cell mentioned by @Aukai , cold fuel is critical for low ET's :excitement:

you could use it a s a low pressure radiator to heat a small area of the shop, you'd need to pipe in a boiler of some kind

Back