What Did The Gift Horse Bring You Today!

I found this on my dog walk this morning, I think it is used in the tool to bevel boiler tubing for welding, the angle is 37 degrees. Any ideas how to use it?

Attachments

• IMG_0903.JPG
    IMG_0903.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0904.JPG
    IMG_0904.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 44
A neighbor gave me two of these stainless steel spheres, they are 12" in diameter and have 2 - 1/4" NPTF fittings @ 180 degrees, i was thinking about building one of those Ancient Greek steam spinner things or maybe a Van de Graf generator, any Ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_1024.JPG
    IMG_1024.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 29
A neighbor gave me two of these stainless steel spheres, they are 12" in diameter and have 2 - 1/4" NPTF fittings @ 180 degrees, i was thinking about building one of those Ancient Greek steam spinner things or maybe a Van de Graf generator, any Ideas?
My vote is for a Hero's engine.

If I stumbled on something like that, I'd put Tesla coils in my front yard. I could do my own lightning show for the 4th of July and scare the living crap out of the package thieves.

Got a new neighbour about a year ago. Had a great one before, was worried some snowflake would be moving in. Turns out I struck gold, he's a heavy duty mechanic that works at the northern most mine in the world, close to the top of Baffin Island. He's Im guessing 20 years younger than me, so strong as an ox, which comes in handy, fishes, hunts, atv's builds stuff, couldn't be beter. Then Friday he says he's going with a friend to look at an atv someone is selling at an estate sale. Calls me over to his garage to see what he got. A wooden machinist chest fairly full of stuff he's never seen before. As we're going through it he keeps saying you may as well take that and that and that.
Ended up with a Lufkin planer guage, Lufkin radius guage sets, those parallels that wedge the work down in the vice, Starret Last Word indicator, cylindrical square, some other type of square, v blocks, HSS blanks, wiggler, etc etc etc.
IMG_4408.jpg

IMG_4409.jpg

IMG_4411.jpg
IMG_4414.jpg

Now thats a neighbour

Greg

Back