What Did You Buy Today?

One of the first rules of hobby machining is: Thou shalt not be Albrecht-less!

Will is just a great guy who just happened to have a hole in his tooling and Dave and I decided to fill it. The chuck is used but it is in great shape on the inside, where it counts. I've done enough of these things to know.

My thanks to Dave also. When he heard my idea he stepped right up and bore half the cost without any hesitation. I feel blessed to have been associated with him.

?!?!?! That is hard to believe.

Will's like Batman, he's got ALL the toys!

:laughing:

First time I have heard that before! There are others who have far much more than me & nicer stuff. I can only fit so much in half of a 2 car garage. :big grin:

Yes, he does but he has PM drill chucks and me and Dave were just not having it.

Actually my main chuck for the mill is a keyless Glacern followed by a small keyless Italian Jacobs. Also 2 Hartford 14Ns.

For the lathe it's a keyless Bison & a Hartford 14N.

But thank you guys for for curing my Albrecht-less issue!

Oh, my mistake. Glacern makes good tools and I'm sure its adequate. However, Albrecht chucks are the gold standard for a reason and it will be good to test them against each other. I like Super Chucks too but to be real honest, I almost never use mine anymore. I went to MT drills on the lathe for stuff over 1/2".

I haven't switched to large MT drills yet. I mainly use the keyed chucks for power tapping but of course with S&D drills too. One of them will find it's way onto my drill press now. Oddly I haven't needed to use drills large than 1/2" in some time. Been using annular cutters more but I don't have a lot of sizes & only good for through holes. I guess I need to find me more projects to work on. :D

63 and sunny today is the forecast , get to spend some time in the garage . I"ll see what I " find " today :big grin:

Piddley scores this weekend. Batch of stuff for $20.
I grabbed the weed-wacker with two 40v batteries and it actually works. Should be good enough for touch-up work.
The blade on the Stanley sureform plane is in decent condition. I took the scale out of the square and put it in one of my many protractor heads.
The white gizmo in the background is some sort of medical suturing device. Should work as a small parts grabber.
0202201453__R.jpg

Back