What Did You Buy Today?

Yes , they are trying to clean the city up , by building low income apartments up in my area which everyone fights . My sis lived in Druid Hill and Roland Park for years . Robbed and had bullets fired at her numerous times . Welcome to Baltimore . The city that reads ............bleeds ................breeds ..................and I can't remember the rest . I stay OUT of the city ! :eek:
Dave,
Those were some of the best parts of the days days when on the road.....Baltimore and most of the big cities on the coast ....in my rear view mirror!!!

What happens to a newbie buying material? So, all exited, I went to the local Alro Metals outlet…

Me: I need this :
View attachment 459875
Alro: Sure. How much?

Me: Well, how long are they?

Alro: 12’ long. But we can sell you just what you need

Me: That is okay, pretty sure I will find use for the rest… just cut them in three so I can fit them in my truck

Alro: Okay. Your total is 864.00

View attachment 459880
View attachment 459881

Me, after they use salts to get me to regain consciousness: Eh, eh… okay (at this point I am trying to play it cool….) And search for a credit card since no way I can pay this cash…

What a dumbass… for some of this stuff I only needed 2’ of the material… Oh, and some of it I buy it CF instead of Hot Roll (that is less expensive)….
I buy a little each payday from the local metal mart drops pile, its cheaper that way.

Garage sale at the end of my street. The only guy thing there was these. I picked up the baggie with the extensions in it and the guy said $5 for everything. I couldn't turn it down.

A most of it is china junk but there are a number of craftsman and proto and SK mixed in. I figure I can use a lot of it to put in a small tool box to keep in the back of the nova and the 55.

My wife told me about this sale, when will she learn not to do that ;)

View attachment 459970
even the junk can have value. You never know when you need to modify a wrench. I needed a thinned out one for my air grinder, so I ground it thinner.

even the junk can have value. You never know when you need to modify a wrench. I needed a thinned out one for my air grinder, so I ground it thinner.
I agree . The new carbs on the Kohler engines have a very thin area that needs a thinned out wrench . Took me 3 hrs today to find all my Craftsman's wrenches that fell yesterday . Not one was spared . :encourage:

Attachments

• IMG_0361.JPG
    IMG_0361.JPG
    945.7 KB · Views: 24
Drill organization for FIRST Robotics kiddos!
Precision spray painted
1d2a1e83cd5d9d89c3c129190b9fa66c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

A few things arrived...

ARCFLAT fixture/welding table and legs
ARCFlat-1.jpeg
ARCFlat-2.jpeg

ARCFlat-3.jpeg

I was going to use these... mounting them to a plate that would then get welded to the leg...

Leveling casters-3.jpeg

For a minute I even thought about welding it directly to the leg... but decided against it.

Leveling casters-1.jpeg

But turns out that the legs have an M12 x1.75 nut welded and I can just use these leveling casters instead... so ordering a set of those.

Leveling casters-2.jpeg

M12 Threaded-Stem Leveling Casters.png

The other things that arrived are the three kits I bought from Hemingway

H-Kits.jpeg

Last edited:
@wachuko
I'm curious why you bought two of the tailstock threading die holder kits? Christmas present for . . . ?

PS: I like your thinking regarding not welding casters to things.

Back