What Did You Buy Today?

Dont sweat it sir. It was intended to be a joke. Thanks for the reference info tho.
The hair on the back of my neck doesn't usually alert for jokes.
The real problem is that some other pilgrim might not get the humor either and might take your plan as rational.
One of these, :grin: , placed after the "3000-3500 rpm?" would have clarified your intent.

We've run saw blades backwards to cut vinyl lattice and trimwork... from the white marks on the blade, I'm guessing that's what the previous owner was doing with your saw...

-Bear
I've done the same for cutting Aluminum siding, but not with a carbide, usually a ply blade.

for trim / pvc trim/ azek / etc I have cut using normal blade orientation. I've not cut composite lattice.

forgot, I bought this little inch pound torque wrench at another garage sale yesterday... $3..
I thought it was 1/4 , but it's 3/8... I have multiple times needed inch pounds.. so it was a no brainer.
Sad all the tools were moldy there. The father passed away a year ago, then the son a few weeks later (adult about 50) from a broken heart the sister tells me. They were both into cars, bikes.. I wanted the 2 wooden Gerstners, but they were not for sale and it's just as well, they were heavily molded.. Trying to figure how to get the handle off to clean it while the metal will go into a fresh bath of mineral after a cleaning.
PXL_20230930_020643634.jpg

At the local flea market, I ran across some taps in an old ammo box. The box turned out to be a pre-WWII era .50 BMG version. The taps ranged from 1" to 2" NC, a couple NPT, and some NF taps. The items included a set of taper pin reamers in a plastic pouch, made by "Whitman & Barnes, United Greenfield Division of TRW Inc."

Flea 2.jpg
Tap[er Pin Reamer Set.jpg

I've been on a bit of a spending spree this week. To start with, I've been buying parts for my '40 Ford, including:

Four 6.00x16 Diamondback Radial tires... (I'm not going to unwrap them until I'm ready to mount them)...

20230930_161711.jpg

Four 16x4.5 wheels from Wheel Vintiques...

20230930_162020.jpg

Two new water pumps and new lower radiator hoses from Dennis Carpenter...

20230930_162615.jpg

A pair of coolant temperature guages... one for each head...

20230930_162822.jpg

And a pair of 180 degree thermostats... one for each head...

20230930_163033.jpg

My wife and I went yard sailing today and I picked up a few things...

A Brown & Sharpe 6-7 inch micrometer, $15...

20230930_163424.jpg

The dirtiest, ugliest 7" Bosch grinder on the planet (but it runs good), $10...

20230930_163740.jpg

And a Baldor ⅓ HP buffer, $20...

20230930_163957.jpg

The grinder and buffer both need new power cords.

I also bought a piece of an antique push mower... maybe a Manco? I don't really know why I brought it home except it looked interesting... and it was cheap...

20230930_164353.jpg

20230930_164407.jpg

-Bear

I still haven’t figured out how they do it: got my second order from Columbia Forest via Home Depot today - two precision cut (free cuts) pieces of 3/4” Red Oak veneer plywood delivered to my door (also free) with the offcuts all for $32 including tax.

IMG_5967.jpeg

Beats sorting through 2’ x 4’ sheets for undamaged ones and then having someone who doesn’t know how to use a saw (vertical panel saw, with limited capabilities and in desperate need of maintenance) try get get within 1/8” of the size you need & muck things up.

I still haven’t figured out how they do it: got my second order from Columbia Forest via Home Depot today - two precision cut (free cuts) pieces of 3/4” Red Oak veneer plywood delivered to my door (also free) with the offcuts all for $32 including tax.

View attachment 461570

Beats sorting through 2’ x 4’ sheets for undamaged ones and then having someone who doesn’t know how to use a saw (vertical panel saw, with limited capabilities and in desperate need of maintenance) try get get within 1/8” of the size you need & muck things up.
That is great info. I have experienced the free delivery on a couple items from HD, but I had no idea it could apply to ply panels.
Any way to avoid visiting a HD store is a winner, IMO. Thanks for posting.

I found an interesting booth at the AWFS woodworking show in Vegas this year.

Eight tools is a Japanese company that specializes in hex keys and hex sockets. I immediately noticed their ball ends were different. They call them taper ends instead of ball ends. They are definitely not a standard ball end hex key...
Thanks to @Batmanacw, I got a set of Eight "taper head" hex keys (TLC-S7BL) from TBG Arizona. I tried to resist the urge, but was unable to.

Last edited:
Back