What Did You Buy Today?

@Ianagos, I run a 1960's era Miller Dialarc HF. It works all the time, every time. I can get parts for it and support from my LWS. A tried and true workhorse.

That said, I wish I could adjust the AC profile for more control in AC. I'd say that the old welder is right for 85% of my work, but when I need more cleaning or power from the phase, I just don't have the knobs to turn. I'd really like a good Dynasty or Syncrowave series to get that last 15% toward perfection. It's just a matter of time before I find the right deal on a newer Miller TIG and "upgrade", leaving the word in quotes because the system I've got is not a deal breaker by any means.

I have a Syncrowave 250, never TIGed in my life, but I have it. :rolleyes:

LOL, brand new cooler, and Argon too. I just don't know the settings, pulses, cleaning,,,,nothing. I had a shop check it out, so I know it works. It's big though.

LOL, brand new cooler, and Argon too. I just don't know the settings, pulses, cleaning,,,,nothing. I had a shop check it out, so I know it works. It's big though.
You're not helping ;)

I was hoping to be able to do both?
Then you will have to look for an ac/dc machine. Most basic machines are dc only. Ac takes more amps so buy as large as a machine as you can afford.The more controls for ac the better. At a minimum the machine should have ac balance and ac frequency controls

My Criterion boring head arrived today.
f5f4e9607865b8930b06aa1e1ad5751b.jpg

a4119e1ba750b9fc60567967c08467c4.jpg

776703dd7fcd3b48725250ae533a7dd2.jpg

f72c8c1157deabf478106c80171ba3c8.jpg

I think you are a bit far from me but do you want to sell it?

But anyways I was looking at older miller syncrowave 250s. I was told they cannot do pulsing? Is that important? Would it cover stick welding aswell? All materials?

It does stick, this one has pulse, and cleaning, and LED numbers etc. I'm going to force myself to learn how to TIG when I get up the gumption :cautious:
It only took me a couple of years to get the nerve to be able to stand next to the lathe, and actually do something

Back