What Did You Buy Today?

Scored a really nice Sterling Drill Grinder off of Ebay. Too bad it will be months before I can get it because of the virus lock down. Good thing a friend of mine lives close by and can pick it up and store it for me.

I did not get anything. Some parts were supposed to be here today, but the USPS in their usual incompetence, sent it back east from Denver. I guess it was an April Fools joke for them yesterday. I get so tired of this.

View attachment 319331
Finally arrived today. The poor meter likely has mores miles under its belt in a post office truck, the last two weeks, then it had in its whole life.

Reactions: Z2V
I just moved (kinda) to a new town and left my shop (mostly) behind so I've been checking the "free" section of Craigslist for tools. Over the weekend I picked up a tablesaw that's the twin to my dad's old saw in my Michigan shop.

View attachment 311827

It's undergoing the evaporust treatment right now but has already made some cuts for me.

But today I was looking and this guy in Watsonville wanted some scrap metal hauled away, washing machine, car parts, etc. What caught my eye was this sweet little saw he was trying to get rid of.

View attachment 311828

View attachment 311829

View attachment 311830

View attachment 311831

Now, I've wanted a coldsaw for years and the thought of getting one for the price of hauling away some scrap metal....
Well, I was all over that.:grin:

John

I finally got into this thing and I think it's gonna work out.

The motor runs.
motor.jpeg

Gears turn.
gears.jpeg

Got it all drained and disassembled for a cleaning and re-paint.
drained.jpeg

So, just one question for coldsaw fans, what's the difference between one built for steel vs. non-ferrous? This saw was obviously used for aluminum or some other non-ferrous metal, will I run into problems if I try cutting mild steel?

John

Workshop (easter) bunny was kind enough to bring me a nice 1T engine hoist. Must have behaved in the past year

What I like about it is the small footprint when folded and when in use the legs sit low enough to fit under a standard shipping pallet.

7b63d80912e402d459277e952f81732d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Workshop (easter) bunny was kind enough to bring me a nice 1T engine hoist. Must have behaved in the past year

What I like about it is the small footprint when folded and when in use the legs sit low enough to fit under a standard shipping pallet.

7b63d80912e402d459277e952f81732d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks like a really nice one!

Reactions: DLF
I bought a plate beveler, with 3 carbide cutting insert cutting head, think heavy duty hand router, meant for metal.

Back