What Did You Buy Today?

I got a nice deal on an eBay lot. This stuff will be put to good use!
21cd7ddaa1c67afa9db891e1bd164094.jpg

Sawing big chunks of steel with my trusty, rusty hacksaw has gotten old real fast. Went to another farm auction today. Anybody need fruit bins. They were selling them in 100 bin lots. No thanks. But you never know what treasure you might find covered in dust and rust in the back of a shed. Put away decades ago and forgotten about. Today's find was a craftsman 3x6 horizontal bandsaw. Model 101.22922 on a metal stand. $40 and it was mine. Got it home and promptly took it apart. Then I remembered I should have taken a before picture. Oh well. I'll post an after picture when I get it cleaned up. Other than cleaning off years of dust and surface rust everything seems to be working. The bearings are smooth. The blade even looked ok. The only exception is the feed cylinder. Probably needs new O rings. Time will tell.

Must be Mitutoyo acqusisiton day. Bought a Japanese made Mitutoyo caliper for $20 and National microscope for $40 local. Had a big lesson on what's going on with my tool grinding with the microscope, oh my. No more guessing if I got it right.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 29
I just bought solar powered calipers from Mitutoyo they work just like a solar powered calculator they power on when they see light and go off in the dark.... I will "hopefully" never have to change the battery again, I have the regular style and I always forget to shut them off..... Come back 3 weeks later to find them still on.... lol

They feel very nice and 0 every time..... There is no zero button or ON/OFF button....

I'll try to remember to post a review on here after a few months of use....

20190429_174804.jpg

3 of the 4-1/2” pneumatic angle grinders and a 3/8” pneumatic variable speed reversible drill, along with 300 foot of new air hose.

Radius gauges - made in Sheffield, England. Moore & Wright. Top pics of the fold out set show military broad arrow stamp & date. The ring sets are a full set of metric from .5 to 13mm radius, and a selection of imperial inch radius as well. They all need a bit of clean, but they’re all perfectly useable.

1D12B78C-0AC0-4499-B4EE-419940C8154A.jpeg2F022201-769C-420E-97ED-B24D4386700C.jpeg467049B5-C9E2-4457-B1EE-601AB3D3C762.jpeg

After looking for quite a while I bought a set of Starrett radius gages last year. Depending on what you do they have come in very handy. Mine were off eBay and were marked USAF and literally new with the plastic folding case.

Boring head, 2".

image.jpeg

I don't desperately need one, but there it was on the shelf and I had an empty hand. Didn't get an an arbor with it but instead will try making an adapter from 1-1/2" - 18 to 1" - 10" to screw directly onto the spindle nose. We'll see how that goes...

image.jpeg

-frank

Back