What Did You Buy Today?

Sorry, long days at work and a full-time hobby makes me a bit lazy in other ways, but I also love seeing all the pics so here ya go....
da1b852f84e20d28bd085fc3d9c6767c.jpg

Bought this Triumph 4 post lift ( https://liftswholesale.com/4-post/triumph-nss-8xlt-8000-lb-4-post-lift/ ) to augment my two post. My new helper "Jen" and I assembled it in about 4hrs less time spent changing out a few cheesy pieces of hardware. Really liking the fact that it is totally mobile, and that I can work on vehicles with the suspension setting at normal ride height for fabricating exhaust systems, and suspension components. Easily accommodates my extra cab F-250, and comes with a sliding jack tray for lifting wheels clear of ramps. Will be making a second jack tray so I can lift front and rear simultaneously. After pricing there optional air/hyd scissor
jacks, I will be making two of my own for about 1/4 the cost. Over all, real happy with the quality, and function. Mike

View attachment 295355

We have a four post 25,000lb lift at work.
It came with one jack tray. Priced a second one, $5,000.
We made one. Less than $350
Yep, they come in handy.
Nice shop you dog.

Paid $16K for the Tormach 1100. Only things I'm looking to pick up are a homing kit for the 4th axis and a switching outlet kit for the coolant outlet.

The Tormach has a 110V outlet that is switched on/off by an M07/M09 command. The kits give a second outlet for either high or low current devices (2 options). Figure I'd pick up the high current one since it'll do low current too.

Still need to rig up a full enclosure. Will temporarily go with a conduit frame and shower curtains.

Bruce

Wow that's definitely a great price considering all the goodies and the 4th axis too. I guess the previous owner moved on to a more industrial machine?

Wow that's definitely a great price considering all the goodies and the 4th axis too. I guess the previous owner moved on to a more industrial machine?
Previous owner works in a shop with a couple of Haas VMCs and a CNC lathe. The shop owner is renting him machine time on the weekends which is more efficient that running them on the Tormach. He has a job that took 30 minutes on the Tormach, takes 4 minutes on the Haas. Still have a lot to learn. . .

Bruce

Back