What Did You Buy Today?

Previous owner works in a shop with a couple of Haas VMCs and a CNC lathe. The shop owner is renting him machine time on the weekends which is more efficient that running them on the Tormach. He has a job that took 30 minutes on the Tormach, takes 4 minutes on the Haas. Still have a lot to learn. . .

Bruce

The Haas and even the older Fadals are a notch above being made for production runs. However, for a hobbyist or a small shop the Tormach is a pretty nice machine and people have made some really neat stuff with them. You should start a thread about your new CNC adventures with your new toy so we can discuss and see your future projects!

I’ve found that federal gauges don’t demand the high price of other big name indicators at least with my eBay shopping. 3/4 of my gauges are federal I love them. I have a bunch of test indicators by them. Which their one of the few that you have a lever to switch direction of reading of the gauge. I like the green of the face lense nice buy.

Over a decade ago I spied in the HF discount bin the silver clamp in the foreground. Of course it was junk and needed much modding/patching but the idea was great but execution was bad. They were discontinued. But yesterday I was needing to be able to grab a blind corner, just what these things do best. After much searching I found these and ordered a couple. These are what the original should have been. Strong, positive clamp and the release works good. Two thumbs up! NFI yadda yadda.....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Was doing some midnight insert shopping last week. Got me some top notch inserts for my left hand holder. Always amazed at wide range of pricing the more you look the cheaper they come. 18$ for 10 inserts and the first seller to package each insert to not damage.
B7153A85-FA66-4B6D-801B-83C109E040C2.jpeg
Then a nice little brass anvil from the local flea market today. I was surprised the lady only wanted a buck. About 3” long by 1 1/2” high no markings either.
36F8C5F5-41D1-4829-A76B-D12B8F67729C.jpeg

Found some 'junk' at the junkyard today, there was probably another 150kgs of 100mm and 120mm alu round bar, and a bunch of smaller stainless round, but I'm not sure what I would do with that much...

1e0bb14e7ec4a11b1040977de1f3b582.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
Nice score! If you have a lathe you can never have too much round stock. You can however have limited storage capacity.

Then a nice little brass anvil from the local flea market today. I was surprised the lady only wanted a buck. About 3” long by 1 1/2” high no markings either.
View attachment 298404

That takes me back! These little anvils were a foundry project when I was in high school metal shop. I have no idea what ever happened to mine.

Nice score! If you have a lathe you can never have too much round stock. You can however have limited storage capacity.
True. If it wasn't all 100 and 120mm I would have bought more, but I've never needed stock anywhere close to that size yet so I figured it's better to spend my money on something I'll use.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Back