What Did You Buy Today?

Monday's are always interesting as the curb alert leftovers from weekend garage sales often yield some interesting freebies as I'm out on my morning dogwalking. I had been by this one the day before and this wasn't there. I have no idea what it was part of but the hoop rolls in the bearings and it's all my favorite quick build stuff 80/20. Free is good!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 46
This $10 LED light to travel with the carriage. Not the brightest I've seen but it's small, has a on/off switch on the round puck (as opposed to on the wire somewhere) and a pretty decent magnet.

I buy a lot of junk all the time but rarely post it. Here're some machining related things I bought in the last few weeks :)

This $10 LED light to travel with the carriage. Not the brightest I've seen but it's small, has a on/off switch on the round puck (as opposed to on the wire somewhere) and a pretty decent magnet.

View attachment 298525

I use 2 of those on my mill.
Because they're LED they work great as they are easy to wipe coolant off and easy to place where you need them.

View attachment 298525
I love those little lights. Have one on my drill press, vertical bandsaw and my powdercoat booth. They are nice and bright and don't block my view. The magnet is pretty strong and the gooseneck stays right where I put it. And best of all they are cheap!

So, what do I need with a "pin gage" set? Between fractional, wire size, and small metric drills (.1mm per step), I can measure any hole size that "I" work with. If a Nr 30 is too big, and a Nr 31 is too small, it must be around 1/8 inch fractional. Close enough for what I do.

So, why the pin gage set, .060 to .250? Well, it was cheap.(Chinese? Only stepped by thousandths) And, It was shiney.(new? eBay charged tax on it, must be). I packed the box with VCI paper to maintain the shiney. But it likely will sit on the shelf 'til I'm gone. But it's pretty, and shiney, and impressive to a novice. what can I say?

I found two brand new Albrecht chucks on a flea market for 10$ each?!
These will be perfect for my display case since I'll never dare using them...

Also some metric name brand taps for almost-free.
43acc17d8001de4f3e88fe5ca53439e1.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

You're right: you shouldn't use them. It would be smarter if you sent them to me for safe keeping.
Nice score!

Last edited:
Back