What Did You Buy Today?

Hard to tell . My head is spinning after reading that information ! :grin: I still have all my older Armstrong and Proto etc stuff at home and still buy it when I find it cheap . Don't know why , but heck , that's what we do .

Well I guess not. Looks like Matco is now owned by a co called Fortive who also owns Fluke & Tektronics. According to wiki it says Fortive is a spin off of Danaher whatever that means. Ok now my head is spinning, that's enough for me for one day. :D

I have older sets of Gearwrenches from down the soap plant years ago . Some time back I saw a set on sale for cheap at a local store and went to pick them up . Ugh …………….this product contains lead . :grin: Another one bites the dust .

Got me a new machine cover. Some people will probably criticize me for not just using cheaper alternatives but ainokea. :big grin:

I've had 3 of these for like 8 yrs now & I like them. Wanted another one to cover the top of my mill & not just the table. So I bought the largest one, used that to cover the lathe & used the one I used to cover the lathe with for the top of the mill.

Price has gone up a bit since I first purchased them but whatever, I'm set now. I don't have a big workspace so they're great when I want to cover them from grinding dust, sawdust, paint overspray, or even just dust if I happen to not be able to use them for long periods of time.

20190818_161905-1024x576.jpg20190818_162109-1024x576.jpg

Got me a new machine cover. Some people will probably criticize me for not just using cheaper alternatives but ainokea. :big grin:
Where do you buy these? And I suppose I could look it up but it may be more entertaining if you could explain what "ainokea" means?

Where do you buy these? And I suppose I could look it up but it may be more entertaining if you could explain what "ainokea" means?

Yes, ainokea means I don't care (Hawaiian slang). It's also a clothing brand/store in Hawaii. I used to have one of their hats & t-shirts.

They are HTC Tool Saver Covers. They're breathable & have magnets sewn in the corners but the magnets are not very strong. There are 4 sizes. I mostly use medium & larger.

Various places sell them. I purchased mine from Amazon, they seem to still be the cheapest to buy from. Price fluctuates though, like the jumbo size I just bought, I paid $40 prime last week, now it's at $45. The large size was $10 cheaper when I first bought them. Keep an eye out for the Amazon Warehouse deals though. I know I said I was done but last night I purchased the smallest size at a discounted price, new but damaged packaging.

There are Amazon reviews where they say these are not the same quality as the older thicker ones with black edging. Those must be really old, all mine have the newer green edging. I have no complaints about mine.

Today, I received my new Kalamazoo 2X48 belt grinder.
These guys do things right.
It’s only 1/2 horse power but at 104 degrees Fahrenheit or less, the duty cycle is continuous.
In other words, it’s an industrial tool that will out live me.
I like to buy US made tools and machine tools. Yes I paid more but I am happy.
These are very handy in a shop.
My 6” Rockwell burned in the fire, this is a compromise.991D4229-77C3-471F-A9ED-251A763197F1.jpegCDA6F3FC-5FFA-4EFC-AD76-24A4B8228960.jpegB293B8E0-1D49-464C-8A20-E273B520CDB9.jpeg

Jeff that is an awesome grinder. You get what you pay for with them. Nice..

I think it's going to be perfect.
I am going to mount it on a heavy free standing grinder stand so I have access room for using the tilt feature and getting free access to the bottom pulley.
These things really remove material.

Back