What Did You Buy Today?

The brown truck brought me a package this afternoon...

This was an ebay buy... I looked at it for a week, not sure if I wanted to take a chance on it or not, it looked a little rough...

20220104_152330.jpg

It's a 9 inch Buck set-tru...

After unpacking, inspecting, and disassembling, I'm glad I took a chance. It is in very good condition internally and works very smoothly.

20220104_161144.jpg

I bought it to put on one of my Hendeys... but it came with a backplate that fits my South Bend... decisions...

-Bear

He has a new controller, American Rotary asked Automation Direct to expose the USB... You have the usb on the old controller, but you have to pull the module from it's holder, the new one, wires it to an external usb. Talk to Stan...
You can buy USB extentions with a Panel mount on the female end from Amazon for a couple of bucks. Not a big deal and would be nice to program with your computer.

You can buy USB extentions with a Panel mount on the female end from Amazon for a couple of bucks. Not a big deal and would be nice to program with your computer.
I don't think that will work with their modules. The modules are pull out modules, so there would need to be wiring to the external shell. Right now the connector is inside , and is accessed by pulling the module.
I don't know if you couldn't cut the shell and put it in, but I suspect the shell is more than a dumb shell. I think it's a link for power and electonics.

For more than forty years, I have reground my dull or chipped drills by hand. They work OK but is difficult to get the angles right and the flutes even by eye.

Last week, I bought a Drill Doctor 750X and it came in today. The first few drills I reground look great. Now, I'll have to set aside an afternoon to grind a bucket of drills.:grin:

I got an older one for like 50$ and i have trouble with the stupid thing. It never wants to line the drill up correctly to grind it. Im faster doing it by hand. My eyes also are only a half a day shy of 29 years old though lol.

Back