What Did You Buy Today?

Very nice find.

I need to find something similar for mine... have not been looking hard enough... thank you for the reminder.
Thanks!
Finding it was a total fluke; classic case of lucking into a good deal :laughing:

I have 2 palmgrens... I occasionally use them on the mill. I have put it in the BP vise a few times.
the other has articulating base, so it can do angles, and has come in handy when the BP vise won't easily do what I need.

you would think these would be drill press only, but sometimes they save the day. my plain one has straight sides so I can throw it on its side... the groove in there is dead on.. so it's handy.

I have 2 palmgrens... I occasionally use them on the mill. I have put it in the BP vise a few times.
the other has articulating base, so it can do angles, and has come in handy when the BP vise won't easily do what I need.

you would think these would be drill press only, but sometimes they save the day. my plain one has straight sides so I can throw it on its side... the groove in there is dead on.. so it's handy.
Oh vise in a vise... I knew there was a reason I want(ed) a toolmakers vise...

I find myself checking this thread often to see what kinds of things people are getting that I might "need". lol
My turn to play, just picked up a 60 degree thread micrometer. There are many times where I am near the end of threading but not sure how much more to take off to guarantee that it's right was the justification for purchase. There were a few of these to choose from and I decided to try one from the Starett plant in Scotland, which I didn't know existed! I thought all of it was from Athol Mass. I like the form fitting Sunglass case.

P1080499005.jpg

P1080500006.jpgP1080496002.jpg

Can somebody school me on that Thread Micrometer. I though the ones with the fixed anvils were only for comparing two threads? Not for actually measuring the thread diameter. Obviously that could still be helpful if you are trying to machine a match to a known thread. There are mics with interchangeable anvils also where you select an anvil for a range of threads? Seems to me there should be a reference thread bookmarked for each tool like this. i.e. everything you always wanted to know about Thread Micrometers.

Last edited:
Back