What Did You Buy Today?

@Aukai

I have tried using Evaporust in a similar manor except that, instead of a terrycloth towel, I used paper towels wetted with
Evaporust. The paper towels had an embossed pattern and that pattern was later visible on the part. I won't do that again. YMMV

I would expect the terrycloth towel to leave a pattern too. Do you have previous experience using terrycloth towels?

I’ve been looking for a hoist for a while and like you said, they’re expensive. This was a steal. My Troyke is 150lbs. Doable for me but it’s getting to be too much.
years ago I was looking, I was still on here. I went to look at one for a song in Philly area. The casting was cracked. what a waste of time.. I waited and I bought a Jet for a reasonable amount.

I am going to make some pallets to improve my production on my CNC mill. They will be aluminum and I will be using Mitee Bite clamps. I want to ensure the threads will hold up to the repeated use so I bought a few different size Heli Coil kits and lots of inserts for the main sizes I need. Pierson Workholding Pallet system should be here in a week or so. Will also mount my vise to a pallet so easy on and off with no tramming.

Attachments

• 519CD804-B53F-47D4-AF82-CE714C23F485.jpeg
    519CD804-B53F-47D4-AF82-CE714C23F485.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 26
Extropic, I have been going back several times today and lightly scrubbing the faces with a white Scotch brite pad, so far I have not seen any patterns. I will probably rinse it tonight, and give it a few passes with the precision ground stones, and call it good. My thinking on this is that it is a good right angle tool, but I don't think it is in the precision tool category..??
I also don't think it will never be a good door stop like I was thinking. My little toe edge finder would not be happy finding it. :)

Last edited:
Back