What Did You Buy Today?

Lol if the vintage year of 1982 demands so many exclamation marks I could Just imagine something pre1950s!!!! :laughing:
Well, perhaps for machinery.

But these DTIs are cheap and generally consumables. Therefore for one surviving in good working order for almost 40 years is not common.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Today i stopped by the tool/ flea market looked at some measuring tools but they wore in very bad shape so i did not buy them, but i managed to find and buy a magnetic level i also bought a trailer socket, also bought one more set of handbrake cables for the little niva, this one is from a lada sedan is a bit longer then the first one i bought and hopefully will be long enough to reach the new brake calipers i install on the Little Niva.
IMG_20191013_163600.jpg

No pics but I picked up a new cross slide screw for my 13” SB from Miller Machine and Fabrication. It took care of .080 of backlash I had.

Those have been my thoughts too, if only the 500lbs had a higher lift it would be perfect for my purposes.
I've been looking at the 500LB lift carts and the one I like goes as high as 28-5/8", after reading the posts here about these carts, I searched a bit more and found a few (of the same capacity lifts) that go as high as 35",wow,, but the PRO.POINT will be plenty for me. As Will says, I doubt I'll ever need to lift anything heavier than 400-500 LBS
.8662223.jpg

Last edited:
Wanted an Aloris #6 holder for a while. Prices for well used on ebay w/ shipping is the same price I can buy from MSC new. Finally found one for a good price & in great condition.
20191017_170424.jpg

That's all for machining related this round. Got me a couple of new Milwaukee lights. Recently picked up M12 CP3.0 batteries so I was left with extra CP2.0 batteries. Not worth the money selling so I picked up a M12 stick light. I already have the M18 stick light which I use a lot. Also picked up the newer folding Rover light. Ordered from HD cause for not much more they had em with an extra battery & stand alone charger. I like the Rover stick light but I love this folding one even more. It's even brighter & the magnets are actually useable!
20191017_170547.jpg

My Milwaukee light arsenal. The USB Rover lights are much brighter than the M12 & M18 stick lights but the M12 & M18 stick lights last for ever which is nice. Can you tell I'm a Milwaukee fan by now? :big grin:
20191017_170533.jpg

Wanted a new cordless screwdriver for use around the house (inside). Had to be small, inexpensive, & Micro USB rechargeable (hate having so many different chargers), power I don't care, I have other bigger tools for that. This Skil fit the bill. I have a Hammerhead screwdriver that I got from Lowes yrs ago for $7 but I hate the rotary switch. Can't use the switch when holding it in a downward position. Used the Skil a few times already, pretty handy & I like it. Hope it doesn't break too soon..
20191017_170508.jpg20191017_170440.jpg

Milwaukee is owned by Techtronic - a massive Hong-Kong based investment enterprise.

Milwaukee is owned by Techtronic - a massive Hong-Kong based investment enterprise.

Yep, not sure where you are going with that but they own other familiar brands also like Ryobi & Hoover. Mikwaukee Tools are made in China yet they are quality tools. Proof of one example that China can make good stuff if they are paid to. I'm not one of those buy USA only type of guys. COO don't matter to me. ;)

And Skil & Skilsaw (seperate brands now) are now owned by Chevron, same group that owns Ego (gardening tools sold at HD), also a Chinese enterprise. The Skil today is not a brand I would normally buy though.

I just thought I would mention it I was very surprised to see how many companies they own today.
And I buy Chinese mostly because there is nothing made in Australia but also on cost and yes, a lot of their stuff is excellent quality.

I just thought I would mention it I was very surprised to see how many companies they own today.
And I buy Chinese mostly because there is nothing made in Australia but also on cost and yes, a lot of their stuff is excellent quality.

Ah ok, haha. I knew you weren't one of those guys who oppose Asian made tools so I was a bit confused.

Many people would be surprised by who owns what of all the familiar brands they know. I too was one of them. Like I had no idea Rubbermaid used to own Lenox & Irwin & was very surprised before they were sold to Stanley Black & Decker.

I find it very interesting on who owns what.

Like Danaher, they used to own all kinds of tool brands I was familiar with & used and had no idea at the time. Many have been sold to Apex though & they killed a few brands. Still sad that Apex killed the Armstrong & Allen brands. I still call hex keys Allen wrenches.

Back