What Did You Buy Today?

Ooooooh. Please give us a mini review once you’ve used it a bit longer. My compressor isn’t very large, only really useful for blowing chips around... so a small cordless grinder that isn’t anaemic would be great. Especially as I’ve got other M12 tools. :)

They're are plenty of reviews on YT now. Just saying cause I'm not much of a reviewer & it may be a while. :)

Small it isn't, cause it's a M12 that uses batteries in the handle, that makes the handle fatter. One of 2 things I don't like about it. Air die grinders are much more compact. I still like using my air die grinders but this one is much more convenient & quick to use. I really only use die grinders for cleaning up gasket surfaces (automotive) & with carbide burrs but also for deburring. I'll probably only use this for gasket removal & deburring since those are usually quick & short tasks which is most of the time.

The other thing I don't like about, more like not used to it, is that the speed is not instant when pulling the trigger, it ramps up. I can understand why they designed it to do that but it just feels weird to me.

Today i visited the local flea market. i did lots of walking and only bought few things, i got me couple of small paint brushes, a 36mm 3/4 impact socket for the half shafts on my car, a very big U joint, and a small hand press. All in around 10$.
IMG_20191103_095510.jpgIMG_20191103_095607.jpg

Need to do some spraying on of Poly (water based) this Winter so I picked up one of these at the local Big Box store.
Now to learn how it sprays and the cleanup process. I usually use the $10 HF HVLP spay guns but even those have a tendency to have a lot of overspray.

GRACO TRUECOAT 360DSP

1572793414446.png

Bought a couple of items at an auction:
mt-drill.jpgdie-head-01.jpg
Now I need to find some chasers for the die head. The new ones I have found go
for more than I paid for the die head. E-bay has some but all I saw were odd ball
sizes (1/4-24 anyone?).

24 or 28 ? Is that a 3/4" head or 1/2" ? :dunno:

24 or 28 ? Is that a 3/4" head or 1/2" ? :dunno:

I believe the head takes D 9/16 Geometric chasers. I don't know how chasers are sized. The slots measure 0.312" wide but that conflicts with the D 9/16 engraved on the side of the head.die-head-02.jpg
I mentioned the 1/4-24 chasers as an example of the unusual sizes I saw on E-bay. The sizes I am most interested in would be 1/2-13, 1/4-20, #10-32, and possibly some standard metric threads.

I have Geometric heads and chasers but not sure what I have left .

Back