What Did You Buy Today?

I will open the beast up and adjust as much as I can. Right now it has no problem blasting through 1/2" saw blades. I am having problems with the jaws being very dirty and grimey. Some one parked it under a bench grinder for years. I woud like to take them apart to clean but they must come apart from the back and the screws have no slots on the front. Manual says 6000 amps:eek:.I would like to make custom jaws making it a rod and bar welder.
What?

Snagged off FB over the weekend and picked it up yesterday.
98-12 w/case.
Don't know what's up with the yeller paint, hope I can get it off without wrecking the wrinkle finish.
I'm a happy camper!!

Attachments

• DSCN9302.JPG
    DSCN9302.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN9303.JPG
    DSCN9303.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 29
About a week ago I found a free 12x36 import metal lathe on Craigslist about two hours away from where I live. Somehow, I was the first to respond and I got it! The only things wrong with it is the tailstock quill is missing, and oil is leaking from the headstock. Super excited to get it running!

@thechickencow ,

I see that's your first post after just joining us a week ago.
Welcome to the group!

Hopefully with you being in Arizona, the lathe has little rust.
One rule around here is that "We like pictures!"
When you get a chance (and have met any post count requirements for posting photos), please favour us with a couple pics.
Also know that this group can likely answer any questions you have about the machine.

As part of that welcome, we have another tradition here.
Members that get a really good deal on a piece of equipment (the kind of deal many of us will wait our entire lives to never see!) receive a special "badge of honor".

Therefore you have earned the following coveted award:
:you suck:

You are now truly one of the group!

Brian

==================================
.....and just in case the humour doesn't come thru.....
this really is a tradition here, but it's just a friendly heckle from others that are more than just a little jealous of your bargain.

for me, it was what is he responding to. I had no idea what @mcostello was responding to in:
https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/what-did-you-buy-today.55645/page-863#post-946369
Same here. For anyone to understand what you are referring to, please reply to that particular post! Or quote it. A general post in the thread loses context. A general post may show up 5-10 posts away, depending on thread activity, and people won't have any idea what you are talking about.

I’ve been looking for this book for about a year. It’s been on my watch list at Thriftbooks, where I bought Vol. 2 a year ago.

View attachment 406365

Those are excellent. I have both volumes and have referenced them many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back