What Did You Buy Today?

not today, not last week, but the week before.
I finished my battery extender. I wish I had some space for annodizing. Maybe sometime. Instead I painted the tube. It won't last, I didn't use an etching primer.

I found 2 orings today so that completes the build. I only have an imperial set, not a metric.. Found 2 that fit.
So I am going from 700ma to 5000ma... That should give me some time on higher settings. The low setting is useless outside, it's good for close up work on a machine.. But I use this when out with my dog.
20220507_171913.jpg20220507_171939.jpg

Anyone use these Gerardi / GS pull-down modular vises?

I'm used to Kurt-style vises, so these are a bit of a departure from that.

This GS vise came up near me for a price I couldn't avoid, so I pulled the trigger. Figure I'll give it a whirl; if I don't like it, I could probably sell it off pretty easily.

Jaws are 6" wide (same as my Kurt) and it opens to 8" (which is wider than my Kurt). Takes up a bit of a smaller footprint and eats up less Z space than the Kurt, so seems like it could be a winner.

Came with an extra set of super-tall jaws as well.

1652264815427.jpeg

Last edited:
FYI WD40
Went to home depot to get a lot of things. With gas costing so much we have been avoiding multiple trips to town... 12 miles each way to Flemington. Needed a gallon of WD40 ... 34.99 .... WTH... last time it was 19.99. No freaking way... I'll just use Koolmist more. Well, we weren't able to get everything we needed, and my son is having problem finding baby formula, so we were on a trek to Lowes, then BJ's, Walmart, CVS...
At Lowes the price was 24.48 for WD40... Hope you can save some by shopping around.

FYI WD40
Went to home depot to get a lot of things. With gas costing so much we have been avoiding multiple trips to town... 12 miles each way to Flemington. Needed a gallon of WD40 ... 34.99 .... WTH... last time it was 19.99. No freaking way... I'll just use Koolmist more. Well, we weren't able to get everything we needed, and my son is having problem finding baby formula, so we were on a trek to Lowes, then BJ's, Walmart, CVS...
At Lowes the price was 24.48 for WD40... Hope you can save some by shopping around.
faces on the wall.gif

Anyone use these Gerardi / GS pull-down modular vises?

I'm used to Kurt-style vises, so these are a bit of a departure from that.

This GS vise came up near me for a price I couldn't avoid, so I pulled the trigger. Figure I'll give it a whirl; if I don't like it, I could probably sell it off pretty easily.

Jaws are 6" wide (same as my Kurt) and it opens to 8" (which is wider than my Kurt). Takes up a bit of a smaller footprint and eats up less Z space than the Kurt, so seems like it could be a winner.

Came with an extra set of super-tall jaws as well.

View attachment 406716
My friend Doug (You Tube channel Metalworks machine shop) Just scored two of the vises for 75 bucks each. They came with the swivel bases also. They sure are the cats meow.

FYI WD40
Lowes price, is better than HF by $4.00. Good to know.

My friend Doug (You Tube channel Metalworks machine shop) Just scored two of the vises for 75 bucks each. They came with the swivel bases also. They sure are the cats meow.
Well I paid a bit more than $75 for mine.

But seems like a keeper at first blush. I'm sick pounding the crap out of my parts with a dead-blow on my Kurt vise to get them to sit firmly on the parallels.

Back