The new lathe arrived.

14x40" china machine, but good quality and from a reputable dealer
bfc956fc10281bfe73775e1be08e93ca.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

The new lathe arrived.

14x40" china machine, but good quality and from a reputable dealer
bfc956fc10281bfe73775e1be08e93ca.jpg

Good luck, it looks big compared to the garage door. Save that wood, it will be useful for something.
send us some pics after you get it set up and make your first chips.

Looks great! 1440 is a very versatile size not to big not to small. I wish my stand had drawers like that, mine has two doors.

Looks bigger in the picture then in reality.

But it is the biggest I could afford price- and size-wise.

Now I just need to figure how to drop it from the pallet

So yesterday after a 45 Chamfer tool caused enough vibrations to cause the small gib locking mechanism to give (slip downwards) under the weight of my head, and mar up my once pristine Kurt vise jaw, I quickly ordered a remedy. When I want to lock my gib...I WANT TO LOCK MY GIB.

Out with the old...
tempImageUgCSUV.jpg

And IN with the new! I think double the handle length = 4X mechanical advantage, but I may be remembering physics wrong.
tempImagemKP5k0.jpg
tempImagefFWBrK.jpgtempImagezYxvbn.jpg

So yesterday after a 45 Chamfer tool caused enough vibrations to cause the small gib locking mechanism to give (slip downwards) under the weight of my head, and mar up my once pristine Kurt vise jaw, I quickly ordered a remedy. When I want to lock my gib...I WANT TO LOCK MY GIB.

Out with the old...
View attachment 406905

And IN with the new! I think double the handle length = 4X mechanical advantage, but I may be remembering physics wrong.
View attachment 406906
View attachment 406907View attachment 406908
Well if those won't hold it then you have more problems than that. Should work.

Picked this up yesterday. Not for me unfortunately but for a friend. It’s a Churchill, quite old but with impressive reputation and lots of ability. Came with several chucks, fixed steady, 12 inch faceplate, collet chuck (3c or 5c not sure) and 2 motors. Plus got knows how many other bits n pieces. Although dirty and some surface rust it looks to be in reasonable condition. Power cross feed and taper turning attachment as standard I believe. All for £400. Guy also had a milling machine and a Boxford shaper. But I think the lathe was the best buy.
Anyone out there have experience or knowledge of these machines ? A manual would be useful he he

Attachments

• 10797A39-631B-4047-A1AB-EC15C7373718.png
    10797A39-631B-4047-A1AB-EC15C7373718.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
Picked this up yesterday. Not for me unfortunately but for a friend. It’s a Churchill, quite old but with impressive reputation and lots of ability. Came with several chucks, fixed steady, 12 inch faceplate, collet chuck (3c or 5c not sure) and 2 motors. Plus got knows how many other bits n pieces. Although dirty and some surface rust it looks to be in reasonable condition. Power cross feed and taper turning attachment as standard I believe. All for £400. Guy also had a milling machine and a Boxford shaper. But I think the lathe was the best buy.
Anyone out there have experience or knowledge of these machines ? A manual would be useful he he

That looks like it would be a blast to restore!

Back