What Did You Buy Today?

Been searching forever it feels like... but I finally found one in my price range and 115 volts. And it runs great! Has the lower pans and the diamond truing toolholder. Just missing the coolant cup(s) .

Attachments

• 20191116_144643 - Edited (1).jpg
    20191116_144643 - Edited (1).jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 28
Bought a bigger compressor today. 24.5 CFM single phase, 7.5 HP. Got it for $1000.

My "little" 18.2 CFM can't keep up with my bead blaster and I need air for my tool changer and if I blow it up I'd be screwed.

Hopefully this one will be enough by itself, if not I'll plumb the two together and have plenty of air. I have enough power thankfully to run the two.

large comp.jpg

I didn't buy anything other than 3 air gages for the cars . I have 30 of these but can never locate them when needed . I spent my day packing tools and getting chucks and arbors swapped for shipping . I have things ready to ship in the am , and I have to tell Mike in Hawiai , this plate filled a large flat rate game box to the seams . I'm heading in for the night , been a lonnng day .

Been searching forever it feels like... but I finally found one in my price range and 115 volts. And it runs great! Has the lower pans and the diamond truing toolholder. Just missing the coolant cup(s) .
34-40,
That is the grinder everyone wants. I have one, but I don’t have that sweet little diamond rig.
The cups are not a big deal. Use a Noga mister

34-40, That is the grinder everyone wants. I have one, but I don’t have that sweet little diamond rig.
The cups are not a big deal. Use a Noga mister

Yes, and I have been one of those guys wanting for a long long time. I'm undecided if I want to tear into it and clean/paint renew.
It runs that good. I may just clean up the cosmetics and keep it as is. If you'd like pics or measures of the truing rig, Let me know.

Got a Rennsteig center punch. I recommended one to Ken as a possible good buy although I never owned one myself, you know, to help others spend their money. That backfired on me & I ended up buying one for myself. :D

I saw that & checked them out, looks cool. Now I have to ask, Is it worth it? Leaves a good mark & all?

I saw that & checked them out, looks cool. Now I have to ask, Is it worth it? Leaves a good mark & all?

Yep it was worth it & I'm happy with it considering I prefer a traditional prick or center punch & a hammer over automatics. It's the strongest auto center punch I have now.

Bit of a mixed bag on my porch today:

AA396AFF-F6DA-45C1-862E-463C32D8E4F8.jpeg

a couple of 1MT dead centres, a P2 parting blade, two broad flat indicator tips, a few run-of-the-mill 3/8” end mills, and what I was really looking forward to, the rotary table.

Well the table isn’t a Vertex, that’s for sure. I’m pretty sure I’ll be giving it a tear down straightaway and see if a bit of tuning can improve the feel. It works as is of course, just doesn’t really feel smooth and there’s a fair bit of lash on the dial. It came with two pairs of clamps and the most crudely turned handle I’ve seen in a long time, it’s almost comical. Oh well, maybe I’ll do a follow up post down the road if it looks interesting.

-frank

I just found out that they have added 99% isopropyl & denatured alcohol to that list too! I tried to purchase another 5 gallon jug from Zoro last week but they will no longer ship it to me. Even went to my local MSC cause I remember them having it in store & had my sales guy check their system, same thing, shipping restriction, they can no longer sell it in CA. But that's ok, more on that later. ;)

So I found a "guy". ;) I must be an alcoholic now cause somehow I ended up with 25 gallons of denatured alcohol & a gallon of 99% isopropyl. :D

The 190 proof is what I bought from that guy, it was cheap. The bucket is 200 proof. I think I'll be good for a while. :big grin:

20191119_170702.jpg

Back