What Did You Buy Today?

I cashed out my last week of vacation on the books, and used every penny of it to pay down 5.2% of my consumer debt (which is all tooling).

This was the fifth time that I have done this in 2022. Who needs a vacation, anyway?

Last edited:
I cashed out my last week of vacation on the books, and used every penny of it to pay down 5.2% of my consumer debt (which is all tooling).

This was the fifth time that I have done this in 2022. Who needs a vacation, anyway?
Oh man... I do... I need to be by water every so often or I go insane... the islander in me...

Playa-de-ponce.jpg

The pallet jack I bought a few months ago began leaking. I bought a seal kit for it but I didn't have the various snap ring pliers and roll pin punches for the repair. Harbor Freight had a sale, so I bought their ICON snap ring plier kit. It is complete and of good quality. For the roll pin punches, I opted for the Grace USA set, and it is excellent. I got everything disassembled and cleaned last weekend but lost a 1" snap ring. I couldn't find one locally, so I ordered a 315-piece set (overkill, but only $11.49 from Amazon) and it arrived yesterday. I won't be able to work on it for another week or so, but I should be good to go now.

Snap Ring Pliers.jpgRoll Pin Punch.jpg

Just ordered this yesterday. Going to try to convert it for Z axis use on my Series 1 Bridgeport. Figured it's worth a shot for the money.

Funny, I just ordered the same snap ring set. Needed some for my sliding garage door trolley setup.

I got everything disassembled and cleaned last weekend but lost a 1" snap ring. I couldn't find one locally, so I ordered a 315-piece set (overkill, but only $11.49 from Amazon) and it arrived yesterday.

fo​

AL-310S X-AXIS Power Feed Milling Machine 110V 450in-lb continuous Vari Speeds
$136.56Unit price $136.56
Item number:202049892525
Returns accepted through Jul 16, 2022.
Contact seller

Just ordered this yesterday. Going to try to convert it for Z axis use on my Series 1 Bridgeport. Figured it's worth a shot for the money.

Funny, I just ordered the same snap ring set. Needed some for my sliding garage door trolley setup.

fo​

$136.56Unit price $136.56
Item number:202049892525
Returns accepted through Jul 16, 2022.
Contact seller
That's similar to what I picked up ... mine was 150lbs, So far I'm happy. Good luck.

135° split point, USA Made solid carbide screw machine drill, 2” LOC, 3-3/4” OAL.

6EC20467-FBD7-4281-9024-30CAC8A1C1BA.png

This is what I would use after a spotting drill, after (optional) step drilling, and immediately before a 1/2” shank brazed carbide boring bar (in a boring head).

My R8 drill chuck takes up to a 5/8” shank. Just trying to get a hole big enough to get a suitably rigid boring bar in there!

I prefer stubby drills, but this is almost too stubby!

Last edited:
I had to do over an hour of Google searching for a USA Made, 1/2” shank brazed carbide, cobalt or solid carbide non-indexable boring bar for use in a boring head. I wanted a minimum 9/16” boring diameter.

It looks like USA Made brazed carbide boring bars cost about ten times as much as imports.

I settled on the item below, and I bought 2 because these wear out.

Here are other sizes if you are interested:

The shanks are HSS so I made sure to choose the shortest one that I could get away with. This happened to be a 1 1/2” bore depth.

Last edited:
Back