What Did You Buy Today?

I'm typically not a shop on BF shopper but there was a tool box combo that I was waiting to buy. Went to HD today to check & luckily the deal went live. So happy cause I wasn't looking forward to going on Friday to get it.
20191127_204105.jpg

Needed some more impact driver bits. I never buy sets, I usually just buy the bits I need in bulk but these sets were really cheap. The small one was $15. Just the 2 bit extensions alone normally sell for $15 total. Pre BF price for the big set was $30. Again BF price went live which is $25. That's a heck of a deal for 4 sets in this one. Only wanted the small one but couldn't resist buying the big set too at that price. EDIT: Just check the BF flyer & it's listed for $30, same on the display, but had a lady check the price for me in store & it was $25.
20191127_203923.jpg

Got me 4 tool totes on ebay. They were only $4 each but were 10% if buying more. Shipping was more than double the price of the tote so I bought 4 to make it worthwhile even though I only wanted one. Not bad for less than $10 ea shipped buying 4.
20191127_203943.jpg

Not a purchase, but an acquisition. A re-homing orchestrated by my wife. It's an 8 foot working aluminum slide rule to decorate my shop with. Not bad!
407d2d78c4f27c5e173cd3ed6dfde17f.jpg

Not a purchase, but an acquisition. A re-homing orchestrated by my wife. It's an 8 foot working aluminum slide rule to decorate my shop with. Not bad!
407d2d78c4f27c5e173cd3ed6dfde17f.jpg
Thats just AWESOME! I wonder if its measurements have be Ratio'd up to something "meaningful" that Could be used to measure something (not sure thats the correct terminology to use or not but i think you can understand what im trying to ferret out!)

I'm typically not a shop on BF shopper but there was a tool box combo that I was waiting to buy. Went to HD today to check & luckily the deal went live. So happy cause I wasn't looking forward to going on Friday to get it.
View attachment 306708

Edit 11/30: The double discount glitch has been fixed. Was only a matter of time until they realized it. Was still good this morning but just got word for someone that the deal is dead. Well the BF pricing is still live which is still a good deal.

Bought another set of the Ridgid boxes. Originally I had bought the the bottom & middle box last week cause I didn't want to wait till BF (today) to get em. Normal price for just the 2 is $98. I didn't have a need for the small box.

Wed the BF deal went live as I posted, BF deal is buy the 2 larger boxes for $98, get the small one for free. Again didn't need the small box but it was free. Kept the small box & returned the 2 bigger ones with my first receipt. Done deal, so I thought.

Last night was on HD's website, still had the 3 boxes in my cart from when I was shopping. There was some sort of glitch or something. Although the cart prices showed the discount & totaled $98, in the cart total the discount applied twice so price was $71. So I bought em again & gonna return again with my second receipt. :big grin:

20191129_013227.jpg

A fellow I worked with at Hewlett-Packard had a 6 footer in his office. He used to ask fresh-from-college engineer interviewees what it was. Several had no clue :)

Finally got me a M18 12.0 High Output battery. 9.0 was the biggest I had cause I never wanted to pay the price for a 12.0.
Home Depot has a BF sale for them that is already live. Buy a M18 12.0 battery for $199, get a M18 8.0 HO battery for free. That's a pretty good deal by itself considering the 12.0 battery was $249 when they first came out & was $149 for BF last year.

<and in another post>

Bought the double M18 4.0 battery starter pack for $199 & got the vacuum for free.
Darkzero - I have the feeling these deals were only offered in California (maybe just in LA?) I went to HD in Phoenix, AZ today, and no such deals available. Also nothing like them on the HD website.

Durn!

Darkzero - I have the feeling these deals were only offered in California (maybe just in LA?) I went to HD in Phoenix, AZ today, and no such deals available. Also nothing like them on the HD website.

Durn!

The deals are in all stores, nationwide. Depends on the store, they won't actually be in the tool section but near the tool section at the front of the store. Some stores are smaller so the deals are put in the middle of isles. One store by me had some of the deals towards the back cause they don't have enough space in the front for everything.

They've had most of deals for the past couple of weeks. They can be purchased online too but online they don't specify which items you can get free when purchasing certain items but if you add the applicable items to cart the deals will apply. Have to look at the displays they have in store. Or look here.

But the return deals I mentioned they don't advertise & most people don't know you can return the free item or vise versa. The workers won't even tell you or know the breakdowns. The return value break down prints on the receipt & you won't know what the return value is until you see it on the receipt. However this is how you can figure it out.

For example, I wanted the M18 vacuum which is sold for $89 by itself. I purchased the M18 4.0 battery starter kit for $199 & the vacuum was one of the items you can get free.

So the starter kit is $199 & the vacuum is $89, total $288.
I wanted the vacuum so $89/288 is .309 (rounded off).
Multiply .309 & $199 and you get $61.50 so that's what I ended up paying after returning the starter pack.

Edit: BTW the HD deals don't end on Black Friday. Many of them keep going well into December or until they run out of stock.

Not too much, picked up a 5” drill press vice, a 4” and 8” digital caliper, metric tap and die set and a bearing separator so I can pull the main bearings off a motorcycle crankshaft.
Total outlay of $108.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today i stopped by the flea/ tool market. It was around 0 degrees out but still it was packed with people, i bought a cheap sink's faucet and a water valve for an upcoming project. Walking around i found couple of bearing housing castings new never bored and last thing i found and bought was this pneumatic wire cutters, its funny to me that someone needs air assistance to cut wires but at that price i'm sure it will come handy.
IMG_20191201_094504.jpgIMG_20191201_094555.jpgIMG_20191201_094702.jpg

Back