What Did You Buy Today?

Too bad you ran into a bozo with the Hybco.

Looking at the first photo of the lathe you're interested in ...seems as if the carriage is broken in half! Am I just seeing things, or it that how it's supposed to look? I'm sure you'll be giving it the ol' eagle eye before you plunk down the folding green. Looks OK otherwise.

Looking at the first photo of the lathe you're interested in ...seems as if the carriage is broken in half! Am I just seeing things, or it that how it's supposed to look?

It does look kinda funny I will definitely make sure to check that part out..... Thanks for looking....

12 x 18 x 3 granite plate. Supposedly a grade A although I have no way of verifying that. The main thing I was after was size, an 8 x 12 gets small really fast with more than one item on it :)

View attachment 307559

-frank

Nice unit!
Where did you get that from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too bad you ran into a bozo with the Hybco.

Looking at the first photo of the lathe you're interested in ...seems as if the carriage is broken in half! Am I just seeing things, or it that how it's supposed to look? I'm sure you'll be giving it the ol' eagle eye before you plunk down the folding green. Looks OK otherwise.
It's one of the new "articulating" carriage designs :grin big:

Got me some more Japanese market tools. These are pliers used for unclipping automotive harnesses. Some of them can be real stubborn especially when they get old. Wish I had know about these when I worked with all that rewiring I used to do.

Was my first order (one of these) from Amazon.co.jp & I have a feeling there will be plenty more now. Couldn't have been easier, just like ordering from Amazon.com. Took only 2 days to arrive all the way from Japan once shipped & very reasonable shipping cost.

20191210_204222.jpg

Ulma Doctor. I saw that and couldn't figure out what I would ever use it for. I got the 8" chuck I posted above from the same auction.

Back