What Did You Buy Today?

Been needing a depth mic for a while now. Ran across a Millers falls 0-3" used on ebay:

sevsee.jpg
sfaergre.jpg
gesrge.jpg

Seemed like a good deal at 25 usd. Seems like it might be approximately a 1940's-50's model based on the catalogs on vintage machinery web site. Later models appear to have a more "squared off" barrel.....

Last edited:
2D7F34DA-F75F-467D-9037-38BD755F85DB.jpegBought some cast iron casters to use with the new cabinets I got. Harbor Freight just introduced these and they’re much cheaper than others out there at only $7.99

Rated for 300lbs but look stout and I’ll be about 1000lbs max with the mill and cabinet. Will see how it works out.

Another day, another shipment – needed a 48mm snap-in lens cap to mount in the front of the new Ring Flash (yes, I could take the flash off and use the 52mm Nikon cap, but as I've dedicated the camera/lens combo for shop work I wanted to keep everything assembled:

48mm Lens Cap on Ring Flash.JPG
48mm is an odd size, but found one on Amazon for $5.95 with free drop shipping from B&H in Brooklyn. I don't know how they can do this since the packaging must have cost more than the wholesale cost of the lens cap:

BnH 48mm Cap n 8x10x5-1_2 Box.JPG
It's a good thing I knew what was in the box, or I would have missed it!

View attachment 413163Bought some cast iron casters to use with the new cabinets I got. Harbor Freight just introduced these and they’re much cheaper than others out there at only $7.99

Rated for 300lbs but look stout and I’ll be about 1000lbs max with the mill and cabinet. Will see how it works out.
you know they used to have them, then stopped. They also had the double wheels that ride on a track like an angle iron. Of course when I went to finally get them they discontinued both. Glad to see the cast irons back. I don't know why they are so low on the rating, but cast iron rolls so much easier with weight than any rubber, poly, or urerthane.

Yes, I was wondering about the weight rating too. From the construction I would have thought double that but maybe they're just putting the safety factor in for the customer.

My use will be only moving the machines away from the wall for cleaning or maintenance, otherwise they will be sitting on leveling feet when in use so any failure should be pretty low consequence.

John

Yes, I was wondering about the weight rating too. From the construction I would have thought double that but maybe they're just putting the safety factor in for the customer.

My use will be only moving the machines away from the wall for cleaning or maintenance, otherwise they will be sitting on leveling feet when in use so any failure should be pretty low consequence.

John

In my experience... (I haven't used the cast iron casters)... the HF casters will handle more weight than they are rated at... they just don't turn well at their rated weight.

IOW... they will hold the weight, they just won't steer easily with much more than half their rated weight.

But... like I said, I haven't used the cast iron ones. I would be interested in your thoughts on these after you get a load on them.

-Bear

I quit buying and let them multiply by themselves . Here's my latest haul ( pic 1 and 2 )moved to the basement . Maybe double this to haul down later tonight . Add them to pic 3 and 4 which are already down and waiting for attention . :grin:

Attachments

• IMG_9404.JPG
    IMG_9404.JPG
    500.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9405.JPG
    IMG_9405.JPG
    554.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_9406.JPG
    IMG_9406.JPG
    479.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_9407.JPG
    IMG_9407.JPG
    417.2 KB · Views: 53
A month or so back I sold my horizontal bandsaw thinking I had no space for it and I could make do with a portaband on a stand.
It's ok but I really missed the horizontal saw.
Saw this on Marketplace. Started out listed for $350. Nice clean saw but too much money. Seller reduced it to $300 after a few days. Then last night reduced it to $250.
I offered $200 and he accepted. Happy days!
36AA69B2-BC19-4E01-BD76-627C8458B640.jpeg

A month or so back I sold my horizontal bandsaw thinking I had no space for it and I could make do with a portaband on a stand.
It's ok but I really missed the horizontal saw.
Saw this on Marketplace. Started out listed for $350. Nice clean saw but too much money. Seller reduced it to $300 after a few days. Then last night reduced it to $250.
I offered $200 and he accepted. Happy days!
View attachment 413251
Good deal. Looks lightly used too…

Back