What Did You Buy Today?

Palmgren Slide Rotary table. Local to me (Rowe Machinery) for $225. Needs cleanup but looks to be in good condition.

View attachment 413465

John
I purchased an identical one that was originally purchased by the company I worked for. We had several dozen of them. They were originally purchased as mounting platforms for labeling machines. With the X and Y features as well as the rotary function labels could be precisely placed on different size packages. When packaging changed the labelers and rotary tables were pulled from production and stored in a warehouse. Over the years many found new homes in the machine shops and the research department.

When the shops were closed a colleague of mine bought several at an auction. I bought one from him and he still has a few in his commercial machine shop. I don't use mine on a regular basis. It does get used occasionally for smaller parts because it's much easier to move around than the 12" model.

I purchased an identical one that was originally purchased by the company I worked for. We had several dozen of them. They were originally purchased as mounting platforms for labeling machines. With the X and Y features as well as the rotary function labels could be precisely placed on different size packages. When packaging changed the labelers and rotary tables were pulled from production and stored in a warehouse. Over the years many found new homes in the machine shops and the research department.

When the shops were closed a colleague of mine bought several at an auction. I bought one from him and he still has a few in his commercial machine shop. I don't use mine on a regular basis. It does get used occasionally for smaller parts because it's much easier to move around than the 12" model.
Yep, I don't expect it will get too much use but will come in handy at times and it's the right size for my mill/drill. Hope to have the CNC working soon for complex stuff but couldn't pass this one up at the price.

John

Bought a few things to redo the pulley assembly…

1/2” oil wick… only needed like 3 pieces of 1-1/2”… minimum length sold is 5’ :oops:

Also, turns out the pulleys I ordered were not the correct size…. Need a Delta 932 pulley…

0C713656-367F-4843-8B07-3505C50DD72B.jpeg

Oh, and the pencil sharpeners arrived!

Needed a K4 key for my 18N and ran across this on ebay:

43AF31A7-72EC-4F2C-9288-A0104D4C19A2.jpeg

It’s a K4 key with a K3 gear welded to it. The K4 looks virtually unused and the K3 is in good shape, although showing some wear. I was thinking of cutting off the K3 and cleaning the K4 back to oem condtion, but the dual head is beginning to grow on me…

Needed a K4 key for my 18N and ran across this on ebay:

View attachment 413625

It’s a K4 key with a K3 gear welded to it. The K4 looks virtually unused and the K3 is in good shape, although showing some wear. I was thinking of cutting off the K3 and cleaning the K4 back to oem condtion, but the dual head is beginning to grow on me…
I wouldn't touch that, that's great.

Well I broke down and bought one. I really wanted to build my own beefy one. After I got my steel prices quote for over 1500 bucks for the I beam, and 5x5 tubing, and other pieces, I figured it was cheaper to buy the HF version. It does have good reviews.
gantry.jpg

Well I broke down and bought one. I really wanted to build my own beefy one. After I got my steel prices quote for over 1500 bucks for the I beam, and 5x5 tubing, and other pieces, I figured it was cheaper to buy the HF version. It does have good reviews.
View attachment 413647
I went through the same thought process... ended up buying one as well... between the cost of material, taking time to build it, etc.... it was easier, faster, and cheaper to just buy it made... I was looking at that HF unit as well, but I ended with a 2-Ton unit from Northern Tool... I needed it to lift the milling machine...

IMG_3990.jpeg

Oh, and almost badly injured my wife as well... she was helping me to stand up the crane when the 2"x10"x6' I was using fell off my hands and went right for her.... she felt the breeze as the board passed by her face... o_O... another failed attempt :D:D:D:D... We joke about it now...

Anywho... you are going to love lifting stuff with it... so freaking easy.

Last edited:
I went through the same thought process... ended up buying one as well... between the cost of material, taking time to build it, etc.... it was easier, faster, and cheaper to just buy it made... I was looking at that HF unit as well, but I ended with a 2-Ton unit from Northern Tool... I needed it to lift the milling machine...

View attachment 413652

Oh, and almost badly injured my wife as well... she was helping me to stand up the crane when the 2"x10"x6' I was using fell off my hands and went right for her.... she felt the breeze as the board passed by her face... o_O... another failed attempt :D:D:D:D... We joke about it now...

Anywho... you are going to love lifting stuff with it... so freaking easy.
my garage isn't tall enough for one

As promised. Here is my new stub drill index full of drills from @mattthemuppet2. Almost full and still have extras of others. Now to order my missing ones and i am done buying drills lol.

Attachments

• 7C7519E3-D0BE-4992-852B-A0025951FEA6.jpeg
    7C7519E3-D0BE-4992-852B-A0025951FEA6.jpeg
    604.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 7C8CBD1C-E916-4CC2-A9F9-43A914BFA05C.jpeg
    7C8CBD1C-E916-4CC2-A9F9-43A914BFA05C.jpeg
    560.2 KB · Views: 17
Back