What Did You Buy Today?

Thanks.
They are just too dirty to tell right now. My neighbor came over and used his phone to see Germany and Albrecht on the chuck. I couldn't see it.
They will all get cleaned up, first in purple cleaner (where needed) then evapo rust. Some just wire wheeled, or scotch brite
I can only dream of deals like this.
With all due respect mate, you totally suck

Not metal related but I bought a Sheartak helical cutterhead for my DeWalt DW735 planer.

For me this is a very worthwhile upgrade for the DeWalt 935 planer. I can get the stock blades sharpened once for $22. But they just don't last in hardwood. And a new set of blades is $100. If you plane any significant amount of hardwood, you will go through blades like water. Each carbide insert has four cutting edges so basically four blades.

The improvement in surface finish, cutter longevity, and reduced operating noise is significant. I feel good about this since I paid $400 for the planer and $515 for the helical head putting my investment close to the retail price of a new machine without a helical head.
They are serious "bench top" planers and should be amazing with a spiral cutter head, money well spent! I stopped using my Delta DC-380 not long after I bought the DeWalt, even with the crappy knives it was a better planer. Unfortunately, I lost both tools when my shop flooded during Hurricane Florence but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another 13" DeWalt!

I bought a set of those Orange ER32 collets, they're well made. Haven't had an opportunity to test runout yet as I've only used them in my collet blocks so far.

I have that set of Orange A ER-32 collets. They are great for the money. I bought mine about two years ago. Most have low TIR, under 0.0005" which is decent, especially for the price point.

Back