What Did You Buy Today?

Snap On the brand , or Snap on the socket holders ? :big grin: And Will , I see you still have that dirty rag bucket ! :encourage:

I love my oily rag can! Was a flea market find a few months ago. I just use it as a fancy shop trash can though. It's made by the same Eagle that made oilers.

Yep , I remember well . I sit here every night at work and stare at one ! Same one ! :grin:

Will, do you use them, or just have them to look at? :grin: I need to look into that brand mine are Snap On.:rolleyes:

Oh and another reason why I have lost faith in the Craftsman name. When I was moving the sockets over to the Ernst rails today, I found this, stupid me never actually looked at them closely but who woulda ever thunk?

The damn 14mm 1/2" deep socket wasn't actually 14mm. It was laser etched 14mm & Craftsman but the damn thing was 16mm & wasn't stamped Craftsman either like the rest are. It was stamped Halford Advanced! :laughing:

Found one Sears that actually had one in stock (according to the website). Drove down there & none to be found, no surprise. As I went through the racks the 3rd & final time, I found a 14mm hanging on a 15mm card. Got it exchanged under warranty. Lucky me but honestly I should have never bought any of these to begin with. Maybe one day I'll replace them with something I actually like.

20191227_154141.jpg20191227_154154.jpg20191227_154254.jpg20191227_173035.jpg

All my original tools are Snap On, my new rails are swivel snap, Snap On's. 6 point 12 point shallow, and deep 1/4-3/8-1/2" to 1 1/2 deep, plus metric, and impacts all shallow, and deep(different brands)

I have a few sets from Stanley , Proto and Armstrong . I usually use the Protos and keep the others nice and cleaned and packed away ( somewhere ) for the kids .

Speaking of tools , I got the latest and greatest HF mailer today . Man have their prices gone up ! o_O I'm hoping to see a turnaround in the tool market with some being made back home soon .

The for sale thread has not been updated since 10 days ago, just sayn', sorry Will. LOL

The for sale thread has not been updated since 10 days ago, just sayn', sorry Will. LOL

Yep , well aware of mine not being updated . Guess who had and has to work all thru the Holidays ? :grin: I have one item shipped to Canada and waiting for that to arrive , then back to the game . I will tell you that I have made GREAT progress in the last few weeks though . Mostly everything in the basement has been sorted and I think I only have 3 or 4 more coolers full of tooling up in the garage .

That left 62" Vidmar has 5 drawers STUFFED with sockets , ratchets , extensions etc . Most of them will be staying but I might shed a few pounds of them . :grin:

All my original tools are Snap On, my new rails are swivel snap, Snap On's. 6 point 12 point shallow, and deep 1/4-3/8-1/2" to 1 1/2 deep, plus metric, and impacts all shallow, and deep(different brands)

I still have all my toos from when I worked in automotive & I'm glad. Some of my buddies sold all their tools & they regret it all the time. Pretty much all my sockets and ratchets are Snap-On but I do have a few Matco ratchets. My combo wrenches (long length) are Matco but I do have a set of Snap-On 0° ext reach box wrenches. Love those things but don't get to use them much anymore these days. In the back are Husky sockets. I never use them but keep them around cause half of them are the only imperial sockets I own & they were my first set of tools I bought when I was 17. Back when when Husky was made in the USA. Wish I had a better tool box though.

20191227_231819.jpg20191227_231859.jpg20191227_231929.jpg

If only you could see in my drawers ! Hm...………..that didn't sound right . :cautious:

Really, I thought I did update it. Wait for the Mitu calipers or were you talking to Dave?

Back