What Did You Buy Today?

Playing with mine, much better than the 30....

That's incredible.
I was checking out the Hypertherm videos on set-up and use.
Did you go with their $200 water/air filter? I would imagine in the South Pacific the humidity would be an issue.
Is that free hand? :)

And they're patented? What am I missing, these are nothing new? Whatever, they're nice & I'm happy with them.
Looks like the patent is for the idea of having the holes in line, and the markings on the side for spacing. :rolleyes:

Jeff, whatever filter it came with, nothing added, and I had a guide for the cut.

16mm diameter left-hand inserted threading bar for cutting internal threads from the bottom out.

1578065905682.png

At less than $12 delivered I just couldn't resist.
May have to work on a lock to prevent the chuck unscrewing.

Nice cast iron door stop I scored off of E-Bay. Seller wanted way too much and it has been listed for months. Price finally came down but still more than I wanted to pay. Made an offer I thought was reasonable and they accepted. Has a G&E shaper cast into it. How cool is that? Of course I am partial because I have a G&E shaper. :grin:
GOPR4027.JPG

Went to the woodworking show in Baltimore today and found a few things. From the left is a new in box Lufkin thread gauge, new in box and paper Lufkin planer gauge, two lathe bits, 3 deburring stones and a countersink. The guy who had the Lufkin stuff had a whole box and I think everything was new in box.

Attachments

• 0104201433.jpg
    0104201433.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I bought a 1 hp 10" Walker Turner pedestal grinder today. A buddy had bought it and took it apart to replace the bearings and paint it. After replacing the bearings he got busy with other things and just wanted to get it out of his way. I don't need another grinder but I couldn't pass it up. We powered it up and it runs silent. 20200104_143236.jpg20200104_141514.jpg

You could put some good size buffing pads on that, I'll have to look around for something like that.

You could put some good size buffing pads on that, I'll have to look around for something like that.
I think I know where you can find one....LOL
Actually I think you want a high rpm motor for buffing. This one is 1750 or whatever the slower motors are.

Back