What Did You Buy Today?

A quick search showed 1750 as a good rpm for buffing......

A quick search showed 1750 as a good rpm for buffing......
I stand corrected then. I'll have to look at my little buffer tomorrow. I was thinking it was high speed. Maybe because it's a 6" it needs more rpms.

I stand corrected then. I'll have to look at my little buffer tomorrow. I was thinking it was high speed. Maybe because it's a 6" it needs more rpms.

Generally the smaller 6" buffers are higher speed, like 3450. The larger the buffer (wheel size) the slower they are due to surface speed, well usually.

Generally the smaller 6" buffers are higher speed, like 3450. The larger the buffer (wheel size) the slower they are due to surface speed, well usually.
That makes sense, but I thought the big buffing machines were high speed too. I don't know anything about buffing. I would I imagine that different materials would require different speeds....or maybe not.

That makes sense, but I thought the big buffing machines were high speed too. I don't know anything about buffing. I would I imagine that different materials would require different speeds....or maybe not.

Me neither, just what I have seen. I have only used 6" & 8" buffers and I only own a cheap HF 6" buffer. I don't use it much but it does the job for me when I do.

Let me know if you see one, I will do mostly aluminum valve covers, and such.

Hey @mikey, look, I finally got me my very first Albrecht! Are you proud of me? I'm so excited! :big grin:

20200104_202818.jpg20200104_203019.jpg

Ok ok, I probably didn't fool anybody with that last pic. :D Maybe not so proud of me, it's only a baby Albrecht, second to smallest one they make I believe. 0-1/8"(3mm) capacity, JT0 taper. Came with an original Albrecht 1/2" arbor, had no idea they made arbors except for the integral ones.

20200104_193216.jpg20200104_211056.jpg

Not sure if my indicator is broken or I'm doing it wrong but mounted in my mill with a Chinese collet I got only .0003-.0004" runout, WTH!
20200104_193811.jpg

I mounted it on an Accupro/Llambrich sensitive adapter, made in Spain. Been wanting a senstive micro drill chuck to use with them tiny PCB carbide drills. The Albrecht adapter is way too much money for me. Was originally planning to mount it on a Royal adapter but I liked the finger wheel better on the Llambrich. The Llambrich ones looks very similar to the Albrecht one. Heard the Sierra American ones were hit & miss on runout. All except the Albrecht one are about the same price, $70.

20200104_203255.jpg20200104_205938.jpg20200104_205331.jpg

Never seen a JT0 taper in person before. The thing is so tiny and cute! JT3 on the left, JT4 on the right.

20200104_203538.jpg

Sorry for so many pics, just really happy & I love this little guy!

Sweet ! That's a baby for sure . :grin:

A couple of clearance item at Lowes.

SB&D Craftsman tape measures. $5 for the whole set. I only wanted the little ones. I had the identical Stanley set, the first day I used one of the little ones my buddy layed his Skill saw down on it as the blade was still spinning & destroyed the little guy!

20191231_122105.jpg20191231_135236.jpg

Also $5, fender cover. Just a cheapie, wouldn't have bought one at the normal price of $20. Never owned one before cause I was too cheap to buy one but at $5 worth a try, I bought 2. Better than the old bath towels or t-shirts I used to use.

20200104_153326.jpgScreenshot_20200104-220202.jpg

Congrats, Will! That little chuck lists for $430-450.00 retail and it is a really nice precision chuck. I have a crappy Jacobs chuck on a Royal sensitive drive but it works and I don't need it too often. Those Albrecht arbors are really precise and when mated to an Albrecht chuck they are really accurate. Albrecht will replace any chuck and arbor that ever spins on one of their arbors, a nice thing to keep in mind. If you ever have a problem with an Albrecht chuck, contact the company and they will make it right. Albrecht is one of the finest companies in the world and their customer service is second to none.

I, for one, am sorry to see Craftsman go.

Back