What Did You Buy Today?

I don't buy all that much anymore (at least individual pieces) as I spend most of my time trying to get stuff OUT of the garage, but I desperately needed to organize my reamers. So I reinvested some tool sale money into some huot organizers.
IMG20230106143509.jpgIMG20230106143555.jpg
This is going to be way easier than rummaging around in a zip lock bag

I'm missing some sizes and have a bunch of spares, so if someone else is in the same position I'm interested in trading

Today, I started setting up the 20 hp RPC for my lathe. A friend of mine removed and ejected a prior owner's hot tub from his real estate. He knew I needed some good wire, so he gave me 60' of the 6/3 stranded copper cable that came out with it. Yes! That's $300 worth of wire right now!

I had to move and change some breakers for my existing 5 hp RPC, as well as putting in the new big boy and a disconnect to feed the lathe. So two 3-pole breakers, two 2-pole breakers, 25' of SOOW 8/4 for the rotor and machine power, and some mandatory strain relief. Came out to $418, because the economy sucks! The supply houses are charging more than Amazon for that stuff right now, so I gave money to Bezos again. Maybe he can send his dog to space along with him next time because of me.

Ooh, just arrived! This will probably see more work than the others, 8" has a better RPM range and finer clamping than the big man chucks.

Just like the man said, new in box. When I saw the... thing... on the end of the chuck key, I shrieked like a teenage girl who spotted a mouse. I threw it on the ground and stomped on it until it was dead. I don't do those socketed bit flip-flop screwdrivers, and I don't do chuck key springs. Both are banned from my shop. I'm going to make a sign.
PXL_20230107_003644110.jpg

My recent taper project/taper tantrum thread got me thinking of adding inexpensive indicators with magnetic bases so I could put one to measure saddle travel and another to measure cross slide travel....for under $30 each they're hard to beat. I've been looking for an inexpensive, relatively modern, but not brand new copy of Machinery's Handbook...like $32 with shipping and tax off eBay. I was sick as can be so I had plenty of time to surf eBay when I wasn't sleeping...lol
IMG_3302.jpgIMG_3303.JPGIMG_3304.JPGIMG_3324.JPG

inexpensive indicators with magnetic bases so I could put one to measure saddle travel and another to measure cross slide travel
Those are super handy, I’ve been using similar on my lathe for a while now and they can save a lot of grief. Even if they get a bit beat up they’re painless enough to replace with a fresh one. Good investments :encourage:

Ooh, just arrived! This will probably see more work than the others, 8" has a better RPM range and finer clamping than the big man chucks.

Just like the man said, new in box. When I saw the... thing... on the end of the chuck key, I shrieked like a teenage girl who spotted a mouse. I threw it on the ground and stomped on it until it was dead. I don't do those socketed bit flip-flop screwdrivers, and I don't do chuck key springs. Both are banned from my shop. I'm going to make a sign.
View attachment 432403

As a newbie, can I ask why you don’t like the sprung keys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back