What Did You Buy Today?

Well I was just relaxing tonight and decided to look on Craigslist. I have been half looking for a Rotary table. What do you know first thing I see is a 6” Phase ll rotary table $95. Anyhow I went and picked it up. Super clean with a bonus 8” adapter plate.
89274195772f25e60e09c0fc740548d5.jpg

26c922410fd30e93693e1c50f6c233d4.jpg

Cutting oil is my blood.

I have an 8" Phase II vert/horizontal. They seem to be decent quality. Mike

We have a 10” at work and it has served us well. For the amount I will end up using it it should be fine.

Cutting oil is my blood.

I grabbed a couple of those MightyMag indicator bases from discount machine (Shars) on ebay...

Not bad for $36...

-Bear
Mine showed up last night. They will do the job, but I'm a little taken aback by the quality control of these USA made tools. You would think that since they are bothering to make them in the first place that they would at least drill and tap the holes square to something, and the magnets were plunked into the shells crooked. I guess I didn't get the right angle to show how wonky the thread bosses are. It won't affect the use, these are sledgehammers and not scalpels. It's just sad that we're racing to the bottom, when I can't tell if these were made in China or made poorly in the US aside from the markings. I'm still happy to try them out, and the price was right!

PXL_20230112_013811751.jpg

^^^^^^^
I was thinking the same thing when I saw the original thread.

1673541631365.png

^^^^
I have those same mag bases but mine are at least 40 yeas old, maybe 50. Still in good shape after all these years. They were sold by a company named (not sure of the spelling) Cedarburg. Maybe the tooling is getting a bit worn after all these years.

Back