What Did You Buy Today?

Couple of new wheels this week: A ceramic alumina in 80-grit, and a pink aluminum oxide cup wheel in 60-grit. Still working on a couple hubs for the grinder but so far so good.

View attachment 310176

Oh and one more, a 6” x 3/8” ruby aluminum oxide from a buddy.

View attachment 310177

-frank
But you are only teetering on da edge of da wabbit hole......wait till ya go to balance them :)

Volume 1!
9cca5c3062aed76d70bac0fef27091f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't buy anything , but I feel that I saved a couple grand ! I heard tickets to the Titans/Ravens game were going for 2 grand a piece . I came to work instead and made 50 cents ! The game is really hard to even listen to on the radio ! Ravens :blowup::grin:

Didn't buy anything , but I feel that I saved a couple grand ! I heard tickets to the Titans/Ravens game were going for 2 grand a piece . I came to work instead and made 50 cents ! The game is really hard to even listen to on the radio ! Ravens :blowup::grin:
Titans/Ravens - that's football, right? :grin:
da Bears!

Meanwhile back in mid-December at the estate sale where I scored the hoist I posted about several pages back...
There was a number of out-buildings on the property. The guy had a forge and a sawmill going, amongst two workshops.
One of the buildings had a bunch of geodes & agates from a rock store that had closed up and a tree had fallen on it and collasped it completey and scattered rocks all over the ground.
Honey was busy for three hours scrounging them out of the ground - (3) buckets fulls. (Honey likes her geodes.)
It was at the end of the day, we were all loaded up and then the Charlie Brown syndrome hit, couldn't leave it behind.
IMG_20191208_171308__R.jpg ...Clipboard03.jpg
I really only went cause I wanted this top chest for the deep and thick drawers. bottom is a non-roller drawer type. -bleh
----
and then,
Got the bandsaw, couple of dozen blades, the makita, the clamps, two buckets full of misc shop junk, and a propane double-head heater for $50.
Now I know it's a 'junquer' but for the price... Some other guy was going to take but then he realized it wouldn't fit in his Camry - go figure.
Had to unload & repack the truck to get the bandsaw in.
0110201509a__R.jpg

1209192106__R.jpg...0110201814__R.jpg
The cord on the Makita is GONE. But the piece itself is not too beat up, I'm hoping it'll be a gem once I replace the cord.
Clamps are going to require some attention, probably more than they're worth.

Last edited:
Well today I got stoned. Not only once, but multiple times. It's the first time it's happened in nearly 30 years. It was a pleasant experience, but not exactly what you might think.

The reality of the situation is that I bought several bench stones, sharpening stones, and surface grinder wheels for the shop. I always stone the table on the mill when changing out vises, or before I clamp something to the table. My cleaning stones date back to the mid 1980's and were getting loaded with junk. I've cleaned them over the years, but it was finally time to invest in a few new ones.

I did a fair amount of research at my local vendors and online including an obligatory search on eBay. I ended up purchasing several fine, medium, and coarse grit stones for the table and grinder, and a 10 pack of wheels for the grinder.

I bought a 5 pack of these from another vendor:

4 like these from a different vendor at about half this cost:

1 like this at considerably less cost from another vendor:

and finally a 10 pack of these, again from a different vendor for less than 1/3 the price this vendor is asking :

I was amazed at the range of asking prices for the same items. Some vendors are asking more than the retail price for their products, while others are asking between 1/3 and 1/2 the retail price.

That's my story, and I'm sticking with it !!!!

Back