What Did You Buy Today?

Man, Service Merchandise....

That takes me back ;)

John
Yes, late 90’s I was coming off a long term, full time consulting gig and was struggling to get back in the marketplace in a slow economy. They were looking for part timers and the Jewelry manager (not the 18k one) snapped me up. It was decent money, plus commissions and I presented better than the 20 year olds so I got the higher-end customers. The only problem was that I should have gone full time: I was working the hours but not getting any benefits.

Service did have quality jewelry and had access to quantities of very good diamonds so could beat smaller chain jewelers and high-end shops.

Well, it’s been a long time coming. But I melted the credit card and ordered the DRO for my 30” 10 EE
the brown truck brought it this afternoon. Newell DP700 and Microsyn scales. Got the cross slide scale installed. Hope to finish it tomorrow.
View attachment 439248
All installed and working, now to figure out setting up tools and how to manage them. Took about a full day getting everything lined up. Definitely will be worth the effort !

D01C2C07-9BF2-47C8-A66C-1FBB7005FC21.jpeg

You staying with the green or changing it up?
I'm staying with Reseda green. I painted the inside of the chip tray machine gray because I need every drop of what I bought and mixed in green. It's amazing how sensitive our terrestrial eyes are at seeing variations in the shade of green... every single streak!

The story of tracking down Reseda green alkyd enamel is a long one... and involved two different colors of paint, both with the the same RAL code and name, from two different manufacturers. One was too dark... the other too light... but at 50/50 mix, it's a close match. Close of course excepting our keen sensitivity to variations of green!

Back