What Did You Buy Today?

My wife and I needed new phones... was going to pick up the Pixel 7 pro for myself, but today I noticed that the Pixel 6a was 299 on sale. Normally 499, so I bought 2. I really wanted the 7 but for the price I couldn't resist. that's for a white phone, so I picked up the charcoal for a few $$ more.
Still a good buy. Amazon if you are interested. I can't use a bunch of new things until I update my phone... so glad I finally bit the bullet (I think).

I bought this big tub of grinder wheels at an auction Saturday night to get some 6 inch wheels. Turned out only 2 were 6 inch. A bunch of 10 and 12 inch. A few 7 and 8. What are the cone shaped wheels? I guess I
need to buy a big bench grinder now.

Attachments

• 20230226_073827.jpg
    20230226_073827.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 36
I bought this big tub of grinder wheels at an auction Saturday night to get some 6 inch wheels.

Don't let someone else's carelessness ruin your day. For grinding wheels of unknown heritage, I like to support them loosely on one finger thru the mounting hole and tap the side gently with a screwdriver handle. You can hear a good wheel "ring"a little, a cracked one will sound different.

Be safe!
Brian

I'm staying with Reseda green. I painted the inside of the chip tray machine gray because I need every drop of what I bought and mixed in green. It's amazing how sensitive our terrestrial eyes are at seeing variations in the shade of green... every single streak!

The story of tracking down Reseda green alkyd enamel is a long one... and involved two different colors of paint, both with the the same RAL code and name, from two different manufacturers. One was too dark... the other too light... but at 50/50 mix, it's a close match. Close of course excepting our keen sensitivity to variations of green!
The proper color!

Got some cool mail today:

FB900C84-A614-42AC-B988-7688D9BAC000.jpeg

I don’t remember where on the forum I heard about the free Starrett posters etc…. but thanks to everyone that may have suggested it in all the different places!
(I’ll suggest it again here to pass it on! Make an account on Starrett’s website (no credit card needed) and they’ll mail you stuff for FREE!!! :laughing:

…into the horde it goes!!!

83731E3D-5F08-4245-81F3-D400F684C108.jpeg

Got some cool mail today:

View attachment 439605

I don’t remember where on the forum I heard about the free Starrett posters etc…. but thanks to everyone that may have suggested it in all the different places!
(I’ll suggest it again here to pass it on! Make an account on Starrett’s website (no credit card needed) and they’ll mail you stuff for FREE!!! :laughing:

…into the horde it goes!!!

View attachment 439606
While the posters are nice, the thing I find myself using more than anything are the reference cards.
It's just the posters on handy, plastic 3x5 cards, but I keep a set next to the computer and one in the shop for when I don't feel like looking up tap sizes or metric conversion.

Oh man, I'm always squinting at the Starrett poster from across the room. Metric to decimal inch, fraction conversion, and drill size all at a glance. Helps me pick the right bit on the regular.

Back