What Did You Buy Today?

Well couldn't help myself today. Got a coupon from HF for their Bauer 7amp, 4.5" Right Angle Grinders. The regular price is $34.99, but with the coupon I could buy up to three for $19.99 each. So I bought three. Great thing is that I was able to buy one 2 year warranty for $7.99 and it applies to all three units. Also bought a pack of cut-off discs, grinding disc and a flap wheel. I like to set up multiple grinders with a different discs. Makes working projects so much nice not having to change discs constantly and generally for only a quick operation. I would have bought a couple more but the coupon was limited to three. :bawling:

Took them out to storage and put them away, didn't even unbox them. Ready for my shop, which hopefully will happen this year. But that means I didn't have a chance to take any pictures. So I took the ones off of HF website. All in, it was less than $100.

64856_W3.jpg57305_W3.jpg
57750_W3.jpg57142_W3.jpg

Well couldn't help myself today. Got a coupon from HF for their Bauer 7amp, 4.5" Right Angle Grinders. The regular price is $34.99, but with the coupon I could buy up to three for $19.99 each. So I bought three. Great thing is that I was able to buy one 2 year warranty for $7.99 and it applies to all three units. Also bought a pack of cut-off discs, grinding disc and a flap wheel. I like to set up multiple grinders with a different discs. Makes working projects so much nice not having to change discs constantly and generally for only a quick operation. I would have bought a couple more but the coupon was limited to three. :bawling:

Took them out to storage and put them away, didn't even unbox them. Ready for my shop, which hopefully will happen this year. But that means I didn't have a chance to take any pictures. So I took the ones off of HF website. All in, it was less than $100.

View attachment 439945View attachment 439946
View attachment 439948View attachment 439947
Always unbox and check HF tools immediately. Even though you have the warranty.. So many of their tools are defective. So why not make sure it fires up, rather than rely on the extended warranty. Just a good practice. I read so many reviews about people not checking the tool until it was too late. Well yea, you gotta test it immediately.

Suckage on myself...

Today's estate sale was a mess.

Was not organized well and piles of bags of stuff

My kind of sale.

We spent about $300.00 but did well.

Ziplock bags full of drill bit packs, different sizes, packets of 12, many never opened, some duplicates.

Our drill index drawers had quite a few empty spots in the number units, and we had good stock of fractional, but the 1/4 and 7/16 were not too good.

The number box now only has a couple of empty bins, new 1/4 and 7/16, along with a few others.

We took the used bits out and put them in the pouches the new ones came in.

Looked at Grainger, and bits are maybe 2 bucks a bit for small ones. It's not a bad harvest.

Got other goodies, too...

Each of the first 2 photos was $ 15.00 each.

a1da3c25953ea966ada1a3a54266349c.jpg
654b932dd1aa3068ada8b2e1d2d60c97.jpg
8d8dc66531ad72962c3369ad2aee02c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Always unbox and check HF tools immediately. Even though you have the warranty.. So many of their tools are defective. So why not make sure it fires up, rather than rely on the extended warranty. Just a good practice. I read so many reviews about people not checking the tool until it was too late. Well yea, you gotta test it immediately.
Sounds like a good idea. Will do so in the sometime over the next week.

Sounds like a good idea. Will do so in the sometime over the next week.
Some time back I had a home job and needed an orbital sander . Picked one up from HF and plugged it in . As soon as my son touched the wood the motor died , it went into the trash . Yes , don't wait until you check them out .

The first thing I do with any HF electric drills, grinders, etc, is tear them down, clean them out, and replace what passes for grease in China with a quality lubricant. Mike

The first thing I do with any HF electric drills, grinders, etc, is tear them down, clean them out, and replace what passes for grease in China with a quality lubricant. Mike
That goes for power feeds and other lubricated items from China.

Back