What Did You Buy Today?

Congrats. Watched that auction since it’s local.
2200 is a fair price for that unit. It will no doubt have some issues but hopefully only minor. Good luck getting it home as well. what’s the plan for transport? Presumably your friend has lifting arrangements to get it on your trailer.
I use H&W for BP parts they have been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats. Watched that auction since it’s local.
2200 is a fair price for that unit. It will no doubt have some issues but hopefully only minor. Good luck getting it home as well. what’s the plan for transport? Presumably your friend has lifting arrangements to get it on your trailer.
I use H&W for BP parts they have been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Friend can pick it up and hold it, and he shares a shop with a trucker who should be able to get it on a truck to me for free or bottle-of-favorite-spirits-cheap. I have a friend locally with a commercial property near an interstate who can receive it for me, then trailer it here with a telehandler to be able to drop it on my garage slab (instead of my gravel driveway). That's the theory at least. Worst case I fly or train to Chicago and drive it here in the back of a rental truck and get help unloading it into my garage (and move it into the shop on a pallet jack).

Again... That's all at least the theory. I'll sleep well when it's safe in my friends shop, since the rest can be afforded time for proper planning.

I have traded favors and bartered materials/tools with most of the people involved over the last 5+ years, so this is hopefully a productive result of building those relationships and a good dose of good luck/timing

Last edited:
I've got an Enco branded clone of that exact same DRO. Has anyone had any luck converting it to use a Touch DRO?
Do you mean repurposing the readers to work with touchdro? Or trying to use the display for touch dro.

The former may be possible, the latter not much so.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

SB9 change gears. I found my lathe so cheap that it didn't come with much tooling. So, while digging around on eBay, I found most of the gears that I will need for right around $100. Anything else that I need I will pick up as it goes. Pretty happy with these, just need to clean some surface rust off.

Do you mean repurposing the readers to work with touchdro? Or trying to use the display for touch dro.

The former may be possible, the latter not much so.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
Repurposing the scales to work with TouchDRO.
I thought the case of the display might be a good place to house a tablet. Maybe?

Repurposing the scales to work with TouchDRO.
I thought the case of the display might be a good place to house a tablet. Maybe?
It is posible they may work, but plenty of stuff doesn't. Ask Yuriy. He's very helpful and can tell you what to look for. My 1990's Accurite scales are not compatible. He already went down the road of making them work but it would require adapters that cost more than new scales... That wouldn't make sense.

Post up in his forum or DM him. Take pictures of the scale connectors that go into the display. That might tell you right away if they are compatible.

4x8 stall liner, $80. Cut with a striker saw. Heavy stuff! :eek 2:
Yes the shop is a mess. I'm mid project, ok?

Do you actually have a Stryker Saw?
Or, are you using the term to mean a more common Multi-Tool type oscillating saw?

I am in need of some type of cushion under my feet. If you dont mind, I have two questions:

1) Does the stall mat stay in place or does it slide around on the floor at all?
and
2) Do you find that swarf gets embedded in the material or does it brush off?
and
3) Has it shown any wear ie sinking in a high traffic area?
and
4) Are cutting oils and solvents OK on it?

There, just 2 questions..................

Back